Explain difference between ASAT Bluesboy v Tribute series.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 am

As a Newbie, I have missed the preivious threads and my real question is as follows. What is the complete difference between the ASAT Classic Bluesboy and the Tribute Series Bluesboy. (except the obvious one of the monies!)

For all those who have sat through this lame thread please accept my appology....

Re: Explain difference between ASAT Bluesboy v Tribute series.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:09 am

well aisde from the USA being overall better quality, the neck pickups are not the same.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:17 am

pm12543 wrote:As a Newbie, I have missed the preivious threads and my real question is as follows. What is the complete difference between the ASAT Classic Bluesboy and the Tribute Series Bluesboy. (except the obvious one of the monies!)

For all those who have sat through this lame thread please accept my appology....

Here are the specs for the USA ASAT Classic BluesBoy Semi-Hollow:

PICKUPS Seymour Duncan Seth Lover humbucker in neck position, traditional size G&L Magnetic Field Design single coil in bridge position
BODY WOOD Swamp Ash with twin Voice Chambers, available with or without "f" hole
NECK WOOD Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
NECK RADIUS 7 1/2" (190.5mm)
NECK WIDTH AT NUT 1 5/8" (41.3mm)
TUNING KEYS 12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, adjustable knob tension
BRIDGE traditional boxed steel bridge with individual brass saddles
CONTROLS 3 position pickup selector, volume, tone
FINISH Standard finishes included
OTHER Choice of Pearl, Tortoise Shell, Mirror, 3-ply Creme, 3-ply Black or 3-ply White pickguard. Chrome hardware, Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case w/Fitted Interior

Here are the specs for the Tribute ASAT Classic BluesBoy Semi-Hollow:

PICKUPS G&L AS4250B Alnico humbucker with nickel cover in neck position;
traditional-size G&L Magnetic Field Design single coil in bridge position
BODY WOOD Swamp Ash
NECK WOOD Hard Rock Maple with rosewood or maple fingerboard
NECK RADIUS 9" (228.6mm)
TUNING KEYS 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
BRIDGE Traditional boxed steel bridge with individual machined brass saddles
FINISH 3-Tone Sunburst with Maple fingerboard and Tortoise Shell pickguard
Clear Orange with Maple fingerboard and Pearl pickguard

OTHER G&L Deluxe Gig Bag included in USA (Outside USA please contact your G&L distributor for availability)

I identified the differences in italics.

Hope this helps.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:43 am

Yes that covers the technical end, I was looking however for the hands on and the difference in the feel and the working end. for example the difference between the made in Mexico v the California Fender feel. Iwas looking to hear from those who have both and who can tell the REAL difference in the touch,feel and sound of both.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:33 am

pm12543 wrote:Yes that covers the technical end, I was looking however for the hands on and the difference in the feel and the working end. for example the difference between the made in Mexico v the California Fender feel. Iwas looking to hear from those who have both and who can tell the REAL difference in the touch,feel and sound of both.

"made in Mexico" ? I thought the Tribute series were made in Asia? Now in Korea?

Bill

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:08 pm

I think is is why there is so much confusion.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:40 pm

BillEvans1956 wrote:
pm12543 wrote:Yes that covers the technical end, I was looking however for the hands on and the difference in the feel and the working end. for example the difference between the made in Mexico v the California Fender feel. Iwas looking to hear from those who have both and who can tell the REAL difference in the touch,feel and sound of both.

"made in Mexico" ? I thought the Tribute series were made in Asia? Now in Korea?

Bill

No G&L Tributes are made in Mexico. pm12543, where did you hear this?

See these posts in the G&L Knowledgebase:

What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?

Why the change in manufacturing location for the Tributes?

G&L Tributes made in China?

Hope this helps.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Craig wrote:No G&L Tributes are made in Mexico. pm12543, where did you hear this?

pm12543 wrote:for example the difference between the made in Mexico v the California Fender feel.

Guess the latter is merely a reference to a frequent question among the 'other' Leo Fender afficionados who wonder what the difference is between a MIM Fender Strat and/or Tele and the American Series Strat and/or Tele.

- Jos

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:42 pm

Craig wrote:
pm12543 wrote:As a Newbie, I have missed the preivious threads and my real question is as follows. What is the complete difference between the ASAT Classic Bluesboy and the Tribute Series Bluesboy. (except the obvious one of the monies!)

PICKUPS Seymour Duncan Seth Lover humbucker in neck position, traditional size G&L Magnetic Field Design single coil in bridge position
BODY WOOD Swamp Ash with twin Voice Chambers, available with or without "f" hole
OTHER Choice of Pearl, Tortoise Shell, Mirror, 3-ply Creme, 3-ply Black or 3-ply White pickguard. Chrome hardware, Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case w/Fitted Interior

BODY WOOD Swamp Ash
NECK RADIUS 9" (228.6mm)

OTHER G&L Deluxe Gig Bag included in USA (Outside USA please contact your G&L distributor for availability)

Hope this helps.

It looks as though youstated that a clear orange is available for the ASAT Tribute series but I cannot find that info on any Dealer websites. Is this a special order? If so do you know the upcharge for that color on the Tribute ASAT.....?

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Sparkler wrote:
Craig wrote:

BODY WOOD Swamp Ash
NECK RADIUS 9" (228.6mm)

Hope this helps.

It looks as though youstated that a clear orange is available for the ASAT Tribute series but I cannot find that info on any Dealer websites. Is this a special order? If so do you know the upcharge for that color on the Tribute ASAT.....?

Only the Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow comes in Clear Orange. From G&L's website:
Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow

The dealer should be able to order one for you.

Hope this helps.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:10 pm

My USA Bluesboy feels and sound superior to many fender custom shops I've played. Can't beat the Seth Lover pickup either... easily my favorite pup!