"Guitars by Leo" missing on headstock....?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:24 am

[from a post on the G&LDP by Darth Invader (Dave McLaren) on September 30, 2008]

It's not missing, it's just that not all models have the "Guitars by Leo" subscript beneath the logo.
We actually have different sized G&L logos depending on the models, and some did have the GbL
subscript and some didn't. Eventually, they'll all have the GbL subscript, but it's the world's longest
phase-in.
See, some parts were bought in such huge quantities by Leo that we're still running on them.
Take the SC-2 that's back: Those headstock decals are NOS. And those 3-position toggle switches
on the SC-2, and back on the Super, Junior and others, well they're also NOS back to the '80s and
I suppose the G-200. Welcome to G&L. ;- )

Dave

Re: "Guitars by Leo" missing on headstock....?

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 am

Is it possible to order one of the new-style Tribute decals?

I don't mind that my ASAT Special says Tribute on it, but the problem is that the word "TRIBUTE" is much easier to see than G&L on my headstock. I'd love to replace it with the newer tribute decal, but is that bad mojo?

Re: "Guitars by Leo" missing on headstock....?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:02 pm

Dokterrock wrote:Is it possible to order one of the new-style Tribute decals?

I don't mind that my ASAT Special says Tribute on it, but the problem is that the word "TRIBUTE" is much easier to see than G&L on my headstock. I'd love to replace it with the newer tribute decal, but is that bad mojo?

No, it is not possible to get headstock decals for any G&L instruments from G&L. Consider it bad mojo ;)