Tribby ASAT HB p-ups

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Have been looking at the Tribby ASAT HB with slight lust :luv: but still unclear on the overwound alnico p-ups. Are these G&L, Duncan, off brands or what. Not owning a tribby not very clear on origin of trib pickups.

Thanks to those in the know who can help with the wiggle stick desire. :thumbup:

Re: Tribby ASAT HB p-ups

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:37 pm

sam wrote:Have been looking at the Tribby ASAT HB with slight lust :luv: but still unclear on the overwound alnico p-ups. Are these G&L, Duncan, off brands or what. Not owning a tribby not very clear on origin of trib pickups.

Thanks to those in the know who can help with the wiggle stick desire. :thumbup:

Hi Sam,

The pickups are custom built to G&L specs by the Chinese factory which builds these Tributes.

Hope this helps.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:19 am

Thanks Craig,

Any way of finding out specs, i.e. DC resistence etc?

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:18 am

sam wrote:Thanks Craig,

Hi Sam,

I will see what I can find out and post the results (and update the G&L Knowledgebase pickup list info).

Stay tuned.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Craig wrote:
sam wrote:Thanks Craig,

Hi Sam,

I will see what I can find out and post the results (and update the G&L Knowledgebase pickup list info).

Stay tuned.

Here are the specs:

Tribute ASAT HB
Bridge = 13.5K ohms
Neck = 9.7K ohms

I also got the wiring diagram and have added it to the GbL Gallery in the Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics Album.

Hope this helps.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks Craig,

Can see possiblities there!!