Legacy Tribute Neck Radius

Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Hello all,

I've had my Legacy Tribute for about 4 years now and really love it.
The only beef I have is that the only neck radius available at that time was 12".
I now see the new Legacy Tribute is available with a neck radius of 9".
Is there any way I can get myself a new neck with the 9" radius and if so will it fit OK on my guitar?
I just wish G & L had made that option available when I bought my guitar.
I guess I'm just used to Fender instruments with the smaller neck radius, but for my style of playing, that's what I prefer.
I suppose I could sell mine and buy a new one, but I hate to do that as I've got a "good one" and really want to hold on to it.
Any suggestions anyone?

Re: Legacy Tribute Neck Radius

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:26 pm

sunnysouth wrote:Hello all,

I've had my Legacy Tribute for about 4 years now and really love it.
The only beef I have is that the only neck radius available at that time was 12".
I now see the new Legacy Tribute is available with a neck radius of 9".
Is there any way I can get myself a new neck with the 9" radius and if so will it fit OK on my guitar?
I just wish G & L had made that option available when I bought my guitar.
I guess I'm just used to Fender instruments with the smaller neck radius, but for my style of playing, that's what I prefer.
I suppose I could sell mine and buy a new one, but I hate to do that as I've got a "good one" and really want to hold on to it.
Any suggestions anyone?

You might look on eBay as there a few sellers who routinely part out G&L Tributes. Just make sure that the neck was
Made in Indonesia. It's my understanding that they are all 9" radius necks. I'd ask the seller to measure the radius with a
radius gauge just to be sure.

Another option would be to post a Want Ad in our Marketplace.

There are no neck radius options for the Tribute line. The Made in Korea Tribute Legacy and Tribute S-500 models and all Tribute basses had 12" radius necks, and all the Tribute ASAT models had 9" radius necks. After G&L switched to the Indonesia manufacturing facility, the neck radius sizes remained the same as the MIK Tributes. Some time in late 2008 or early 2009, the neck radius was changed to 9" for all of the Tribute models built in Indonesia. The Made in China models have a 13.75" radius neck (Tribute ASAT HB, 2010 Tribute Legacy HB and Tribute Jerry Cantrell Signature Rampage).

Hope this helps.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:30 pm

Hello, what about these models from musicians friend then? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... ric-guitar

It says 12" radius...

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:50 pm

mabusfe wrote:Hello, what about these models from musicians friend then? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... ric-guitar

It says 12" radius...

By July 1, 2011, the Tribute Legacy, Tribute Legacy "Lefty", Tribute Legacy HB, Tribute Comanche, Tribute S-500, and Tribute ASAT Deluxe 'Carved Top'
were all changed to a 12" radius fretboard and have remained that way ever since.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:57 am

You can regularly find Tribute necks on ebay parted out. The ASAT necks are advertised to be 9 inch radius and should fit your guitar.