Identifying my G&L ASAT

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Hello all

I "think " because i'm not sure that I have a ASAT classic custom semi hollow in tobaco sunburst. Its serial number is CLF33788
Can anyone please advise how I can find out to be sure?

Re: Identifying my G&L ASAT

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Burdock wrote:Hello all

I "think " because i'm not sure that I have a ASAT classic custom semi hollow in tobaco sunburst. Its serial number is CLF33788
Can anyone please advise how I can find out to be sure?

Does it look similar to these?

ASAT Classic Custom
ASAT Classic Custom Semi-Hollow

If not, perhaps you could post a picture of it. See guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines. There is a section on how to post photos in it.
Also, go to the main G&L website and view the various ASAT models in the USA guitars section.

Hope this helps.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:56 am

Thanks for your reply

Looks similar to the semi hollow picture you posted, same colour neck but both pickups are MDF i.e. like the neck pickup in the photo but creamthe scratch plate is white and the bridge is the same as the one shown on the tribute semi hollow on the G&L Website. It does not say ASAT Special on the headstock. Just the G&L Logo and ASAT where the ASAT special is on the photo. On the certificate I have if only gives the serial number but does say that it was made in the US and has the dot from the jig on the back of the neck. I will try and post a picture but not too good at that type of stuff

Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 am

Burdock wrote:Thanks for your reply

Looks similar to the semi hollow picture you posted, same colour neck but both pickups are MDF i.e. like the neck pickup in the photo but creamthe scratch plate is white and the bridge is the same as the one shown on the tribute semi hollow on the G&L Website. It does not say ASAT Special on the headstock. Just the G&L Logo and ASAT where the ASAT special is on the photo. On the certificate I have if only gives the serial number but does say that it was made in the US and has the dot from the jig on the back of the neck. I will try and post a picture but not too good at that type of stuff

Yes, the G&L Tribute ASAT Special has ASAT Special on the headstock. The USA model has just ASAT on the headstock.
If the serial number is CLXXXXX or CLFXXXXX, where X is a digit, it is a USA model. The bridge is the Saddle-Lock bridge.

BTW, the ASAT Classic Custom pickups are both MFD pickups, but of course different sizes.

Hope this helps.