What's the possibility of new lefty guitars?

Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Is there any chance that the Invader model guitars or the Rampage will ever be available to lefties like me?
I was considering buying a USA Invader, but I noticed that they aren't sold in left handed editions.

Re: What's the possibility of new lefty guitars?

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Steve McColl wrote:Is there any chance that the Invader model guitars or the Rampage will ever be available to lefties like me?
I was considering buying a USA Invader, but I noticed that they aren't sold in left handed editions.

I have submitted your question to Steve Grom, Director of Manufacturing. I will post his response as soon I as hear back
from him.

Stay tuned.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:51 am

Here is Steve's reply:

Creating a left handed instrument requires a significant amount of engineering time to program our CNC routing machines for both the neck and body. It's much more complicated than telling the machine to do a "mirror-image" of a right hand unit. In some cases, we have found it really is like starting from "scratch" to program a left hand model.

We are constantly getting requests for various models and configurations that if engineering time, programming time and tech support were no issue, would be great to add to the product line .... Things like left hand versions of the Rampage or Invader. Unfortunately, with the list of new projects currently under development, it's a matter of G&L selecting the ones with the highest sales potential. At some point in the future we may get to the point where we can complete our entire list of new products, but for the near future, left hand versions of the Invader or Rampage will need to wait. It's a matter of allocating resources.

Thanks

Steve Grom

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks for the information here as well. Of course, with the famous swimming pool rout, all it takes is a lefty Tribute Legacy and two humbuckers and you're almost there.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:11 pm

We have a list of the current USA models available for Lefties, see this post: Current G&L Lefty USA standard production Models.
For the Tribute Series models which are available for Lefties, see this post and look for Lefty in the model name: Current G&L Tribute Series Standard Production Models.

:ugeek:

Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:53 am

I was really hoping for a lefty Rampage too stumbled onto this thread and was sad that they wont be making them. I guess we'll have to hunt down old 80s ones. Ive seen a couple being sold and thats it. One for 1500 and one for 3000 that was in almost brand new condition. As much as I want a Rampage. You could literally buy a 20th anniversary Les Paul for that price. Im kinda shocked they didnt at least offer the tribute series in a lefty I mean Cantrell is the reason many players even know about G&L.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:18 am

Update on the Invader models: Lefty versions are available with either the Saddle-Lock or DF/DFS Vibrato bridges. I have updated this post: Current G&L Lefty USA standard production Models.

BTW, the current Rampage models are Signature models, so they are only available as right handed models because Jerry Cantrell plays them that way.
This is true of all Signature models.

:ugeek: