Have Gotoh tuners ever been used on GF models or Legacy's

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:47 am

I was looking at a George Fullerton signature model which appears near new, and in very good condition with even the plastic still on the back cover. The owner says that it has not had much playing time. The guitar appears original, but it has Gotoh tuners on it. He pulled one and claims to see no imprint of a previous tuner. Could this be original or modified?

Re: Have Gotoh tuners ever been used on GF models or Legacy's

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi

To my knowledge G&L has used Schaller as well as Sperzel tuners. The non-locking tuners have changed between them at different times. Schallers have the G&L logo stamped on them, Sperzel has always maintained their brand on the tuning machines. Here is a link to a previous G&L vs. Sperzel thread on this forum.

So if these tuners are truly Gotoh than the likelihood for them to be factory originals is slim to none.

- Jos

Re: Have Gotoh tuners ever been used on GF models or Legacy'

Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:25 pm

ledfoot73 wrote:I was looking at a George Fullerton signature model which appears near new, and in very good condition with even the plastic still on the back cover. The owner says that it has not had much playing time. The guitar appears original, but it has Gotoh tuners on it. He pulled one and claims to see no imprint of a previous tuner. Could this be original or modified?

Yes, Gotoh tuners were used, but no more than 10 had them installed at the factory. See:
Gotoh Tuners on New G&Ls? and What tuners are used on G&L guitars (USA models)?.

:ugeek: