Need year for Legacy...

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:06 pm

I've done some digging around here, but haven't quite figured out the whole dating thing. I found another guitar with a similar serial number that seems to have been a 2006 guitar, but apparently G&L changed the vibrato arm sometime that year, so it's kind of important for me to know when it was made. Unfortunately, when I took off the neck, the only date was on the body and all it said was "Mar 2 1 Ans'd." That seems to answer what month, but not what year... I can post the serial number if that helps. Thanks guys.

Re: Need year for Legacy...

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:50 pm

thebigcheese wrote:I've done some digging around here, but haven't quite figured out the whole dating thing. I found another guitar with a similar serial number that seems to have been a 2006 guitar, but apparently G&L changed the vibrato arm sometime that year, so it's kind of important for me to know when it was made. Unfortunately, when I took off the neck, the only date was on the body and all it said was "Mar 2 1 Ans'd." That seems to answer what month, but not what year... I can post the serial number if that helps. Thanks guys.

Check to see what size allen wrench you have for the Vibrato arm set screw.
If it's 5/64", then it's a pre-2006. If it's 2mm, then it's a post-2005.
If you want to check the other allen screw sizes on the bridge, see Can you tell me which allen wrenches I need for my G&L?

Hope this helps.

Re: Need year for Legacy...

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Sorry, just saw this... wasn't emailing me with updates...

You mean the screw that holds the arm in place? It doesn't seem like the 5/64" wrench is working (or at least, it doesn't seem to be a good fit), but I don't have any metric wrenches around to test a 2mm. Presumably, that means it is the more recent one.