Tribute tremolo problem?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:09 pm

So i bought a G&L Tribute legacy a few months ago, everything has been fine, but recently there has been a strange crackling sound whenever i pull on the tremolo bar :thumbdown:
im not sure wether its my fender princeton amp that is responsible for the crackling noise, or if it is my guitar. Has anybody ever had this happen to them or heard of this happening to someone?

Re: Tribute tremolo problem?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:31 pm

I have never experienced your problem but try this: remove the cover of the spring cavity on the back of your guitar. You should see a ground wire connected to the spring claw. With your guitar connected to your amp (and amp switched on), wiggle this wire. If you hear the crackling noise, the ground wire likely has a cold solder and has to be reattached to the claw. If you don't hear the sound, move your tremolo arm and see if there is movement in this wire while you hear the crackling noise. Also in that case I would advice you to resolder the wire the claw in such a way that spring movement is not interfering with it.

If none of the above applies, I wouldn't know the answer either.

- Jos

Re: Tribute tremolo problem?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:36 pm

well, when i removed the back cover, i found a black wire that wasn't connected to anything. i think i found the problem! haha
thanks Jos