Where can I find bridge saddles?

Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:00 am

Hi all! I'm new to this forum and hope I can get pointed in the right direction.
I bought a G&L sc3 lefty in 1982 it was my second guitar. Long story short. I sold it to a family member because he was a lefty and wanted to learn. I regretted selling it because I loved that guitar. WELL, 40 YEARS LATER I got it back and in bad shape. Where can I find replacement saddles! I need two and don't want to change the bridge be ause that's where the serial number is.

Re: Where can I find bridge saddles?

Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:25 pm

Rayjams wrote:Hi all! I'm new to this forum and hope I can get pointed in the right direction.
I bought a G&L sc3 lefty in 1982 it was my second guitar. Long story short. I sold it to a family member because he was a lefty and wanted to learn. I regretted selling it because I loved that guitar. WELL, 40 YEARS LATER I got it back and in bad shape. Where can I find replacement saddles! I need two and don't want to change the bridge be ause that's where the serial number is.

G&L does have an OnLine_Store (Link opens in a new tab) and they sell bridges and saddle sets for all their bridges. However, the DF Vibrato bridge saddle set is currently out of stock.
You would want to get a complete set of saddles because they are chrome-plated brass saddles whereas your SC-3 saddles are made of zinc alloy metal.
Here is the link to the DFV_saddle_set (Link opens in a new tab).

Another source you might check with is a G&L dealer to see if they stock them. Here is a link to the US_Dealers_List (Link opens in a new tab).found on G&L's website.

Here is an after-market source you might also consider:
Comanche - replace stock saddles with Tusq string savers

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added an after-market source to consider

Re: Where can I find bridge saddles?

Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:34 pm

I see that the G&L OnLine Store has the DFV saddle sets in stock and are currently on SALE for $20 USD (regular price is $39.95 USD).
Here is the link to them (opens in a new tab): saddle-set-for-g-l-dual-fulcrum-vibrato.

Hope this helps.