Anyone know what wood my 2002 USA S500 is made from?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi Guys ... i just bought a 2002 S500 and im stumped as to what kinda wood its made of - neck is Hard Rock Maple - but im stumped as to what the body is?

were there other models that year? what woods were used? anyone know...

choice for any help in advance ...

Mean!

Re: Anyone know what wood my 2002 USA S500 is made from?

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:12 pm

akanatural wrote:Hi Guys ... i just bought a 2002 S500 and im stumped as to what kinda wood its made of - neck is Hard Rock Maple - but im stumped as to what the body is?

were there other models that year? what woods were used? anyone know...

choice for any help in advance ...

Mean!

It would help if you would (puns intended :roll: ) post a photo of this guitar.
Please review the guitarsbyleo.com History and G&LDP Guidelines. You will find a section on posting photos which details the methods of posting photos on the G&LDP.

There are two choices of wood types for the S-500: Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on all Premier finishes.
However, as with most models, a customer can special order a Swamp Ash body with a Standard or any of the solid finishes or
Alder on any of the Premier finishes. Also, there is the Figured Maple Top (Flamed or Quilted) option which would be added to the either of body wood types.

In 2006, there was a Special Build run of mahogany-bodied S-500's, but if your's is a 2002, then it's not likely to have a mahogany body.

Hope this helps.