Are Will Ray Z-coils available anywhere?

Mon May 02, 2022 3:35 pm

I am getting a Comanche, and if I can find one of the Will Ray pickups for near the original price, I'd like to add it to my parts stash. That may be a fantasy, though.

LMK if you have a lead!

Re: Are Will Ray Z-coils available anywhere?

Mon May 02, 2022 6:41 pm

Horseflesh wrote:I am getting a Comanche, and if I can find one of the Will Ray pickups for near the original price, I'd like to add it to my parts stash. That may be a fantasy, though.

LMK if you have a lead!

G&L does have this pickup in the G&L On-Line Store: mfd-will-ray-z-coil-bridge-pickup.
note: link opens in a new brower tab.
It is currently sold out, so contact the On-Line Store Manager (email: webstore@bbesound.com) to find out when they will be re-stocked.

From the main G&L website, Support page:

REPLACEMENT PARTS and REPLACEMENT PICKGUARDS
In the US, please visit our online store or contact your local G&L dealer. Outside the US, please contact your national distributor.

Hope this helps.

Mon May 02, 2022 6:50 pm

That does help, thank you. Somehow I had gotten the idea that those pickups were a limited run and would not be returning, but I will go to the source and ask. If I find out anything, I'll post a reply here.

Tue May 03, 2022 9:41 am

Hey, good news, I asked the store if this part was coming back, and they said it's back now. They are still on sale for $69.95 and I just ordered one.

I guess I looked one day too early!