I noticed an ASAT Deluxe model was on G&L's facebook page...

Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:54 pm

... even though the ASAT Deluxe models were discontinued in March of 2021 and are not listed in the U.S. Price List G&L USA Option Instruments dated April 1, 2021.

This was what was posted:
Here’s an ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow in Vintage Natural over flame maple on mahogany, white top binding, quartersawn maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, Light Tint Satin finish, gloss headstock face. #CLF2106096 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer Performance Music Center in Woburn, Massachusetts.

So I asked G&L's Steve Araujo about it and he said:
Basically Option Order is the Wild West when it comes to customizing. A dealer can always request something that is “off menu.”

Something to consider when you are ordering a new G&L instrument.

Hope this helps.

PS if you do place an Option Order and ask for some "off menu" options or a discontinued model, please post about it here. :think:

Re: I noticed an ASAT Deluxe model was on G&L's facebook pag

Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:48 pm

Thanks for sharing. I'm guessing most didn't even realize they discontinued it considering both the ASAT Deluxe and Dekuxe Semi-Hollow are still on the G&L website and the price (spec) list isn't something most see outside of this forum or a dealer. I'm bummed to see it go but happy it's not completely gone. The ASAT Deluxe was the first new G&L I ever bought.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:58 pm

I was going over the spec sheet last night (planning my next options order) and except for a mahogany body, you can still option your way to a traditional ASAT Deluxe or Semi Hollow without going off menu. You basically start with the ASAT HH RMC (or semi), add body binding and a figured top, then pick your neck and you're pretty much there. Unless I missed something, mahogany is the only thing off menu. You can still go with basswood, okoume, sugar pine or swamp ash if alder doesn't work for you though.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:49 pm

Arpeggio wrote:I was going over the spec sheet last night (planning my next options order) and except for a mahogany body, you can still option your way to a traditional ASAT Deluxe or Semi Hollow without going off menu. You basically start with the ASAT HH RMC (or semi), add body binding and a figured top, then pick your neck and you're pretty much there. Unless I missed something, mahogany is the only thing off menu. You can still go with basswood, okoume, sugar pine or swamp ash if alder doesn't work for you though.

Except there is no ASAT HH RMC Semi-Hollow model; that would be an off menu model with a Mahogany body. Okoume or Swamp Ash body would be standard optional wood types.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:15 pm

Craig wrote:
Arpeggio wrote:I was going over the spec sheet last night (planning my next options order) and except for a mahogany body, you can still option your way to a traditional ASAT Deluxe or Semi Hollow without going off menu. You basically start with the ASAT HH RMC (or semi), add body binding and a figured top, then pick your neck and you're pretty much there. Unless I missed something, mahogany is the only thing off menu. You can still go with basswood, okoume, sugar pine or swamp ash if alder doesn't work for you though.

Except there is no ASAT HH RMC Semi-Hollow model; that would be an off menu model with a Mahogany body. Okoume or Swamp Ash body would be standard optional wood types.

Hmm....the semi-hollow ASAT RMC (and the woods I mentioned) are on the April 1st 2021 spec sheet I have.

Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Arpeggio wrote:
Craig wrote:

Hmm....the semi-hollow ASAT RMC (and the woods I mentioned) are on the April 1st 2021 spec sheet I have.

You are correct:
ASAT HH RMC Semi-Hollow ASTHHRMCT

I checked my notes and had left it off pending getting confirmation from Steve A., since it is missing from the glguitars.com website.
I have added to our current Option Order posting with a note about it being missing from the main G&L website, see:
4/1/2021-present G&L USA Option Instruments

Sorry for this confusion.

Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:56 am

No worries, Craig! If G&L kept their website up to date there would be a lot less confusion. I realize they're a small operation but we're not talking about reinventing the wheel here.