Invader

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:16 pm

I noticed the Invader is on the updated 2021 model/options list but there is no sign of it on the G&L website. Any idea if it's still the Legacy/S-500 body shape or is it the thinner horned "soloist" style of the past? I've seen a spec sheet on one dealer website with the old style body and recently sold ones with the Legacy/S-500 body on another. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

Re: Invader

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:22 pm

Arpeggio wrote:I noticed the Invader is on the updated 2021 model/options list but there is no sign of it on the G&L website. Any idea if it's still the Legacy/S-500 body shape or is it the thinner horned "soloist" style of the past? I've seen a spec sheet on one dealer website with the old style body and recently sold ones with the Legacy/S-500 body on another. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

The two Invader models are still on the G&L Dealer Price List. It is the newer S-body style, which was changed in 2018 and shown at the 2018 Winter NAMM show,
see: So the invader is back?.

They have yet to list it on their website mainly (I've been told) because they have not yet taken photographs of the new models (Invader and Invader XL).
They have posted a couple of them on the G&L facebook page and you can see them in these posts:
Photos of the new (2018-present) Invader and Some photos of the Invader XL (2018-present).

Here are the details on them from the latest U.S. Price List G&L USA Option Instruments dated April 1, 2021:

Invader (Note: G&L website spec page not yet available)
Photos of the new (2018-present) Invader
Pickups: G&L CLF-100 Alnico single coils in neck and middle positions
G&L Alnico V humbucker in bridge position
Controls: rear mounted 5-way pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull to split the humbucker
Neck profile: 1 11/16” nut width Slim Invader profile (.770” at 1st fret .830” at 12th fret)
Radius: 12”
Bridge: Floyd Rose Vibrato
Body wood: Alder on Standard and solid finishes, Swamp Ash on Premier finishes
Finish: Standard finishes included

Invader XL (Note: G&L website spec page not yet available)
Some photos of the Invader XL (2018-present)
Pickups: Two G&L Alnico V humbuckers
Controls: rear mounted 3-way pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull to split both humbuckers
Neck profile: 1 11/16” nut width Slim Invader profile (.770” at 1st fret .830” at 12th fret)
Radius: 12”
Bridge: Floyd Rose Vibrato
Body wood: Alder on Standard and solid finishes, Swamp Ash on Premier finishes
Finish: Standard finishes included
Last edited by Craig on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed missing link to the new Invader photos

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:49 pm

Thank you, Craig! I saw that you updated the list which is what prompted me to ask. I was pleasantly surprised to see it still on there, but again.... puzzled by it's continued absence on the G&L website.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:01 pm

Craig wrote:[url]Photos of the new (2018-present) Invader[/url] and Some photos of the Invader XL (2018-present).

The photo got me thinking.... would it still be considered an upcharge to order an Invader with a DF vibrato or Saddle Lock bridge (as pictured) instead of a Floyd? Surely the Floyd is more costly for them?

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 pm

Arpeggio wrote:
Craig wrote:[url]Photos of the new (2018-present) Invader[/url] and Some photos of the Invader XL (2018-present).

The photo got me thinking.... would it still be considered an upcharge to order an Invader with a DF vibrato or Saddle Lock bridge (as pictured) instead of a Floyd? Surely the Floyd is more costly for them?

You would need to contact a G&L Dealer (who would likely have to ask Sales about that specific question).
The latest G&L Option Order Dealer Price List does not include the specifications for the various models and no mention about Invader models in the Optional Bridges section.

Guitar Bridge Substitutions/Options

This information is based upon the April 1, 2021 USA Option Instruments Dealer Price List.

G&L Saddle Lock substitute on guitars which come standard with G&L Dual Fulcrum Vibrato

G&L Dual Fulcrum Vibrato substitute on guitars which come standard with G&L Saddle Lock bridge

Bigsby(*) vibrato for ASAT guitars equipped standard with Saddle Lock bridge.

(*) Not available on any ASAT Classic variant. Not available with 7 ½” radius.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:11 pm

This Invader XL was posted on G&L's facebook page this morning:

Here’s an Invader XL in Blackburst over swamp ash, wood binding, Saddle Lock bridge, quartersawn maple neck with black reverse headstock, locking tuners.
CLF2107125 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer Music Store Live