USA Fallout with OLS body depth?

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:34 pm

Does anyone here have experience ordering or playing a Fallout with the OLS body depth? I am considering one with the slightl thinner OLS body to add to the Mustang vibes.

Re: USA Fallout with OLS body depth?

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:12 pm

TwangBanger wrote:Does anyone here have experience ordering or playing a Fallout with the OLS body depth? I am considering one with the slightl thinner OLS body to add to the Mustang vibes.

OLS only refers to ASAT body models.

This information is based upon the January 23, 2019 U.S. Dealer Price List.

Original Leo Spec Body Depth (1.625” mill-depth)
Now standard on all ASAT guitars and ASAT Bass.

The current Option Order (U.S. Price List G&L USA Option Instruments dated April 1, 2021) does not list this opiton any more, since it is standard on all ASAT models.

You might check with a G&L Dealer and see if they can Option Order a thinner Fallout body. Or you might need to do it via a Custom Shop order.

Let us know what you find out.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:52 am

It's currently on the Guitar Options page with the following description which doesn't say one way or another if it is available on non-ASAT bodies. Other option descriptions are quite clear when a combination is or isn't allowed.

"Original Leo Spec body depth for solid-body ASAT guitars. Reduced body thickness to 1.625″ mill-depth from 1.780″. This is the original body depth for ASAT guitars in the mid ’80s. Order Code OLS"

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:44 am

TwangBanger wrote:It's currently on the Guitar Options page with the following description which doesn't say one way or another if it is available on non-ASAT bodies. Other option descriptions are quite clear when a combination is or isn't allowed.

"Original Leo Spec body depth for solid-body ASAT guitars. Reduced body thickness to 1.625″ mill-depth from 1.780″. This is the original body depth for ASAT guitars in the mid ’80s. Order Code OLS"

I sent your question to a contact at G&L, here is his reply:

The OLS is standard on all guitars now. Actually for a couple of years.
Thanks

G&L Guitars

Hope this helps.