Screw on serial number plate

Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:38 pm

There is a G&L Legacy listed at an auction that shows a S/N screwed on metal plate. The S/N on the plate is CLF072972. I did not see it listed in the registry. Did G&L use a screwed on metal plate at any time for the S/N?

Re: Screw on serial number plate

Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:19 pm

SUaPYG wrote:There is a G&L Legacy listed at an auction that shows a S/N screwed on metal plate. The S/N on the plate is CLF072972. I did not see it listed in the registry. Did G&L use a screwed on metal plate at any time for the S/N?

Yes, they definitely did that for a while. I forgot which years, but someone will remember. Also, the registry is just for owners to enter their own guitars, so if one is not in there it doesn't suggest a concern, only that no one has entered it yet.

David

Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:59 pm

SUaPYG wrote:There is a G&L Legacy listed at an auction that shows a S/N screwed on metal plate. The S/N on the plate is CLF072972. I did not see it listed in the registry. Did G&L use a screwed on metal plate at any time for the S/N?

See this post in the G&L Knowledgebase:
Serial number significance.

Also, see this post regarding the G&L Registry:
Welcome! Read This First.

Hope this helps.

Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:40 pm

Check out this page on the interwebs for a history of G&L serial numbers. The brushed aluminum plates with the S/N were used between 2011 and 2016.

- Jos

Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:19 am

Thank-you, all.

I checked out the serial number post. It was most informative.

Should I end up with this guitar it will definitely appear in the registry. Who knows, should I expand my G&L family to three I may even figure out how to post a pic from my OneCloud account to Imgur to here. Wish me luck.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:10 am

SUaPYG wrote:Thank-you, all.

I checked out the serial number post. It was most informative.

Should I end up with this guitar it will definitely appear in the registry. Who knows, should I expand my G&L family to three I may even figure out how to post a pic from my OneCloud account to Imgur to here. Wish me luck.

For posting photos here, see: Tutorial: Posting photos .

Hope this helps.