G&L Warranty Repair Wait Times

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:47 pm

I had to send my CS Legacy in for warranty repairs and was wondering if anyone would know about how long I should expect to wait? Thanks in advance.

Re: G&L Warranty Repair Wait Times

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:23 pm

carbonUnit wrote:I had to send my CS Legacy in for warranty repairs and was wondering if anyone would know about how long I should expect to wait? Thanks in advance.

I contacted Memo Romero, Service Manager, and he says:
Depending on the severity of the repair, the longest wait is for a replacement neck which takes about 4-8 weeks

Hope this helps.

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:38 am

Thank you!! I've been reaching out to G&L and haven't heard anything back. I'm waiting on a new neck and it's been a month. Ron replied to me on the 19th asking for an RA which I sent him but I still haven't received a reply. At least I have a time frame now.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:35 am

So I thought I'd give a little update on my G&L repair........

When this guitar arrived in early 2019 it looked awesome and sounded better, but there were more than a few issues. The nut was cut wrong and the high E would continually slip out on aggressive upstrokes. There was a TON of string breakage on that string as well. So much so that I was afraid to bend with it. No rhyme or reason as to where it would break. Sometimes at the nut, sometimes at the bridge, but it would happen frequently. Mind you, I don't ever break strings, even with all the different types of bending I do. The was a mystery noise that my local tech and myself could not trace for anything. Worst of all, the neck would move .....a lot.

So after replacing the nut on my dime and having to continually set it up as the neck would bow pretty bad, the truss rod locked and I had no choice but to send it back. It's back now and........

This is the guitar I paid $3000 for. It was perfect right out of the case. The neck is super stable and I've had zero breakage so far, like the rest of my guitars. The noise is gone and while the neck feels thinner then the one I sent, I always suspected that the first neck wasn't built to my specs anyway. I can't stress enough how perfect this guitar is. It's just wonderful and completely on par with the LSL's and Suhr Antique Classics I was looking at before ordering from the G&L custom shop. I use different guitar depending on what I'm doing that day, but when I'm sitting on the couch this is the guitar I reach for.

I want to thank everyone at the custom shop for going above and beyond to resolve ever issue with this guitar. I know that no matter how good a craftsman is, there's always that 1% that go wrong. You all did an outstanding job resolving the issues I was facing and sent back aa perfect a guitar as humanly possible. To anyone on the fence about ordering these guitar are on par with other offerings in this price range and to me, well worth the money spent.

If the custom shop people are reading this, thanks!!!

Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:06 pm

I too am curious about wait times. I know this is the guitar site (I am both a G&L guitar and bass owner) but was curious in general. I've been waiting 5 months to get my new L-1000 series 750 bass back with a new neck. Every time I inquire, I'm given a new date (it was 2 months the first time) and every date has been missed. Not sure what to do at this point ...

Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:21 pm

jimlp8xx wrote:I too am curious about wait times. I know this is the guitar site (I am both a G&L guitar and bass owner) but was curious in general. I've been waiting 5 months to get my new L-1000 series 750 bass back with a new neck. Every time I inquire, I'm given a new date (it was 2 months the first time) and every date has been missed. Not sure what to do at this point ...

I suggest you contact Memo Romero [G&L Service Manager]. Either call (714)897-6766 extension 156 or send an email at repairs@glguitars.com.

Hope this helps.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:16 pm

I am sending in a Kiloton 5 for a new neck and just today was told the neck wait time is 24-28 weeks. Yours is probably close.

Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:30 am

Craig wrote:
jimlp8xx wrote:I too am curious about wait times. I know this is the guitar site (I am both a G&L guitar and bass owner) but was curious in general. I've been waiting 5 months to get my new L-1000 series 750 bass back with a new neck. Every time I inquire, I'm given a new date (it was 2 months the first time) and every date has been missed. Not sure what to do at this point ...

I suggest you contact Memo Romero [G&L Service Manager]. Either call (714)897-6766 extension 156 or send an email at repairs@glguitars.com.

Hope this helps.

Yep, I've been in communication with Memo since March and even yesterday. They got the new neck on the bass but it is warped!!! Anyway, it looks like their putting something together for and it does sound like they're working hard on this, acknowledging my disappointment. I'll provide an update when it comes.

Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:51 pm

jimlp8xx wrote:
Craig wrote:

Hope this helps.

Yep, I've been in communication with Memo since March and even yesterday. They got the new neck on the bass but it is warped!!! Anyway, it looks like their putting something together for and it does sound like they're working hard on this, acknowledging my disappointment. I'll provide an update when it comes.

OK, Fed Ex has my bass and it's on the way home. Through a turn of events, a maple neck became available and I jumped at the chance to have that on my 'burst' (something I would have ordered if maple/burst were an option). Manufacturing Director Garrett walked it through the install process, sending me pics. Good communication on this final lap (although it took us a long time to get here) from both Garrett and Memo. Memo did the install and setup. Optimistically stoked!