G&L ASAT w/ Trem Any info-Value?

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:18 pm

Hello, I would appreciate any info and approximate open market value of my g&l ASAT. It's an Ash body, maple neck with 3 MFD single coils and a trem. It weighs 8.68 lbs. 20200813_190036.jpg The guitar is original and I've had it about 15 years or so. I'm not the original owner. I'm considering letting it go but I have no idea what I should ask for it. I've called g&l about it years ago and they said they couldn't say the exact year but it was probably early 90's. It plays like butter and sounds fantastic so it's not an easy decision. Thanks in advance for everyone's help. Aaron
Last edited by asc-95 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: G&L ASAT w/ Trem Any info-Value?

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:31 pm

Not sure how to post photos. Here is the link of the same post above on the gear page. It has the photos of the guitar

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... e.2177877/

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:42 pm

asc-95 wrote:Hello, I would appreciate any info and approximate open market value of my g&l ASAT. It's an Ash body, maple neck with 3 MFD single could and a trem. It weighs 8.68 lbs. 20200813_190036.jpg The guitar is original and I've had it about 15 years or so. I'm considering letting it go but I have no idea what I should ask for it. I've called g&l about it years ago and they said they couldn't say the exact year but it was probably early 90's. It plays like butter and sounds fantastic so it's not an easy decision. Thanks in advance for everyone's help. Aaron

First, I relocated your post to a more appropriate forum.

Please post some photos of your guitar. For posting photos, see: Tutorial: Posting photos.

Without seeing your guitar, I think your guitar is an ASAT with one of the optional tremolo bridges and the 3 single coil MFD pickups with a 5-way
pickup selector switch. Here is page one of the January 1,1988 G&L Dealer Price List:

Here is a post on finding values of G&L instruments: Is there a good source for getting G&L instrument values?.

Looking forward to seeing your ASAT. :searching:

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:53 pm

Thank you so much!

Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:10 pm

asc-95 wrote:Thank you so much!

I just saw your photos (thumbnails only, as I don't have an account on The Gear Page).
I see that it is either a 1997 or 1998 ASAT III model with the optional DFV trem because it has a 4-bolt neck, see this page from the July 1,1997 Dealer Price List:

Please do add your ASAT III to our G&L Registry.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Corrected the possible build years since the S/N begins with '"CL"

Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:20 pm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189855615 ... res/v93pD3

Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Thanks so much Craig! I uploaded a Flickr link. Hope I did it right. I also registered it but want sure how to list a few things. There's lots of options and I don't want to be inaccurate

Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Thanks for filling in some of the blanks on the registration for me Craig, grateful.