ASAT Deluxe Pickups

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:21 am

I called a dealer to get a price on an ASAT Deluxe. The G&L site and review all indicate SD pickups, but the dealer inidicated his order book had a new reference for G&L pickups. Can anyone verify what pickups come with a new ASAT Deluxe. Please don't quote the website. Thanks in advance. R

Re: ASAT Deluxe Pickups

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:44 am

rmallory wrote:I called a dealer to get a price on an ASAT Deluxe. The G&L site and review all indicate SD pickups, but the dealer inidicated his order book had a new reference for G&L pickups. Can anyone verify what pickups come with a new ASAT Deluxe. Please don't quote the website. Thanks in advance. R

The ASAT Deluxe does come with the SD pickups. G&L had been using their own humbuckers but changed back to the SD
pickups. You should ask your dealer to contact G&L and get confirmation of this. I will pass this info on to my contacts at
G&L, so they may clarify this with their dealers.

Hope this helps.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:06 pm

This is from a post about ASAT models.

ASAT Deluxe Solid mahogany body with bound, flame maple top, contour back, rear-loaded controls with coil splitter, 2 Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups. Beginning in 2008, 2 G&L Alnico humbucking pickups. Beginning in 2010, optional 2 Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups or 2 EMG humbucking pickups.

So the SDs are an option? Also, do you know what EMGs are offered?

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:00 pm

rmallory wrote:This is from a post about ASAT models.

ASAT Deluxe Solid mahogany body with bound, flame maple top, contour back, rear-loaded controls with coil splitter, 2 Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups. Beginning in 2008, 2 G&L Alnico humbucking pickups. Beginning in 2010, optional 2 Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups or 2 EMG humbucking pickups.

So the SDs are an option? Also, do you know what EMGs are offered?

I checked with Steve Grom (Director of Manufacturing) about this. Here is his reply:

We can do the ASAT Deluxe and F-100 with either Seymour Duncan or EMG pickups. It’s really a matter of the routing in the body …. Once we are setup rout a “humbucker” type cavity in the body, it gives us the opportunity to use any pickup with those physical dimensions ( Duncan , EMG, etc)

Thanks

Steve

If you order an ASAT Deluxe and don't specify any specific pickups the guitar will be loaded with SD pickups. If you want EMG or G&L Alnico humbuckers, have your dealer specify one of those pickup sets. BTW, the EMG's that G&L uses are the Active Series 81 and 85 and the Seymour Duncan's are '59 SH-1 and TB-4.

Hope this helps.