Is an HSH Configuration available?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:38 pm

It looks like I need to order a custom guitar for this but I would love a Legacy Strat style with an HSH config and the ability to split the coils on both humbuckers. Can that be ordered/requested? Do I go through a dealer or can I order directly form G&L?

I love my ASAT F-hole-delete Bluesboy. Amazing guitar.

Thanks!

Greg

Re: Is an HSH Configuration available?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:32 pm

Gtargreg wrote:It looks like I need to order a custom guitar for this but I would love a Legacy Strat style with an HSH config and the ability to split the coils on both humbuckers. Can that be ordered/requested? Do I go through a dealer or can I order directly form G&L?

Thanks!

Greg

The Invader Plus model had an HSH pickup config. They were in production from 1997 - January 2017.
Here is a link to the Internet Archives for the Invader Plus Spec pages on the G&L website in October 7, 2015. The three Invader models were dropped from production in January 2017.
The Invader and Invader XL were brought back into production in 2018 but with the S-body style. See: Jan 25, 2018-Jan 22, 2019 G&L U.S. Specifications & Options.

You might be able to have the G&L Custom Shop build an Invader Plus style guitar for you. You need to contact one of the Custom Shop G&L dealers to get G&L Sales
approval of this build. See: Jan. 1, 2019-present Custom Shop Specifications & Options.
G&L does not sell directly to customers; only through authorized G&L dealers.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Craig wrote:
Gtargreg wrote:It looks like I need to order a custom guitar for this but I would love a Legacy Strat style with an HSH config and the ability to split the coils on both humbuckers. Can that be ordered/requested? Do I go through a dealer or can I order directly form G&L?

Thanks!

Greg

The Invader Plus model had an HSH pickup config. They were in production from 1997 - January 2017.
Here is a link to the Internet Archives for the Invader Plus Spec pages on the G&L website in October 7, 2015. The three Invader models were dropped from production in January 2017.
The Invader and Invader XL were brought back into production in 2018 but with the S-body style. See: Jan 25, 2018-Jan 22, 2019 G&L U.S. Specifications & Options.

You might be able to have the G&L Custom Shop build an Invader Plus style guitar for you. You need to contact one of the Custom Shop G&L dealers to get G&L Sales
approval of this build. See: Jan. 1, 2019-present Custom Shop Specifications & Options.

Hope this helps.

What about the Climax Plus?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:42 pm

dhgleaves wrote:
Craig wrote:

Thanks!

Greg

Hope this helps.

What about the Climax Plus?

Yes, but it was only available from 1992 - 1996.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:15 am

Thanks all!

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:54 pm

Gtargreg wrote:Thanks all!

By the way, there's a Climax Plus for sale on Ebay at the moment.