Unusual Fullerton Signature

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:09 pm

I saw a "new" (previously unsold, supposedly) George Fullerton Signature, however there were some differences from the "standard" Fullerton. The neck was not the V shape and the pickups were Dimarzio; looked like Cruisers. Otherwise,the axe had George's signature on the headstock and upper body horn. The guitar was a gorgeous sunburst. Is anyone aware of this unusual Fullerton signatrue combination?

Tornado

Re: Unusual Fullerton Signature

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:28 pm

The lack of the V neck is not unusual. A couple of different neck profiles were available on the Fullertons. The Dimarzio's don't sound right. They should be G&L vintage style alnico.

Re: Unusual Fullerton Signature

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:28 am

Thanks, HLG. I wanted a Fullerton ever since I played a used one at a GC and loved the neck. I tried to get one about 3 years ago, but George had left and G&L no longer made them. I ordered a Legacy built with the V neck, vintage frets, and alnico pickups and it has been great. Yesterday I got excited to see this Fullerton in a local store, but was disappointed in the lack of a V neck. I did have Cruisers on a previous strat and liked them, but I was surprised to see them on this Fullerton. The store owner was not there on Sat and I will try and talk to him this week to get some more info.