Why no Fret markers on G&L super

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:56 am

I recently purchased a used G&L ASAT (Serial # CLF11034). This guitar is listed as an ASAT super in the registry. It does not have a #4 neck as listed in the registry. All features of the guitar match the description of an ASAT Super except there are no dot inlays on the fretboard. I am just curious as to why the guitar does not have the fretboard markers. Any ideas?

Re: Why no Fret markers on G&L super

Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:29 pm

floridaskunkape wrote:I recently purchased a used G&L ASAT (Serial # CLF11034). This guitar is listed as an ASAT super in the registry. It does not have a #4 neck as listed in the registry. All features of the guitar match the description of an ASAT Super except there are no dot inlays on the fretboard. I am just curious as to why the guitar does not have the fretboard markers. Any ideas?

I think that the G&L dealers were able to custom order this Special Build model.

Here is the info on this guitar which was posted on the 2006 G&L webpage: http://web.archive.org/web/200605040139 ... /index.asp
It was #28 in the list and was built in 6/01/2004 and sold to Buffalo Brothers Guitars in Carlsbad, CA and shipped to them on 06/24/2006.

Hope this helps.

Re: Why no Fret markers on G&L super

Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Thank you, as always. That helps tremendously.