Are the Skyhawk reissue fretboards 9.5" or 12" radius?

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:23 am

The G&L website lists them as 12" however many retail sites (Music Live, Rayhill Audio, Upfront guitars, Pitbull Audio) say 9.5". Andertons says 12", etc.

And in case you're inclined to suggest that the G&L site obviously is the right one, some of the retailers show a picture of the spec sheet that comes with the guitar which clearly says 9.5".

So just wondering which is it? Both?

Mark

Re: Are the Skyhawk reissue fretboards 9.5" or 12" radius?

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:41 am

markdshark wrote:The G&L website lists them as 12" however many retail sites (Music Live, Rayhill Audio, Upfront guitars, Pitbull Audio) say 9.5". Andertons says 12", etc.

And in case you're inclined to suggest that the G&L site obviously is the right one, some of the retailers show a picture of the spec sheet that comes with the guitar which clearly says 9.5".

Mark

The CLF Research Skyhawk has a 12" radius. See: January 25, 2018-present G&L U.S. Specifications & Options.

Hope this helps.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:44 am

Well... not quite. So what are the other 2018 Skyhawks out there. Are they not CLF Research Skyhawks? Are there two different Skyhawk models? What are the other differences then?

Maybe this will help clarify my question:

https://i.imgur.com/XOjAmcI.jpg

Mark

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:57 am

markdshark wrote:Well... not quite. So what are the other 2018 Skyhawks out there. Are they not CLF Research Skyhawks? Are there two different Skyhawk models? What are the other differences then?

Mark

It is possible that a G&L Custom Shop Skyhawk was build with a different radius neck. I do know that the first Skyhawk out of the Custom Shop was built in August 2018.
But I don't know the specs and no finished photos were posted on the G&L Custom Shop Facebook page.
It should be easy to determine whether it is a Custom Shop build by looking at the serial number on the back of the headstock. Also, there will be a Specification sheet included
with the COA which details the neck spec.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:57 pm

markdshark wrote:The G&L website lists them as 12" however many retail sites (Music Live, Rayhill Audio, Upfront guitars, Pitbull Audio) say 9.5". Andertons says 12", etc.

Mark

markdshark wrote:Well... not quite. So what are the other 2018 Skyhawks out there. Are they not CLF Research Skyhawks? Are there two different Skyhawk models? What are the other differences then?

Mark

I forwarded your posts to a couple of contacts at G&L to get the details on this.

Stay tuned.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:56 am

Craig wrote:

Mark

Mark

I forwarded your posts to a couple of contacts at G&L to get the details on this.

Stay tuned.

While I have not heard back from G&L, I see that the neck specs have been changed to Modern Classic profile and the 9 1/2" radius on the main website.
I have updated our Specifications to reflect this change.

Hope this helps.