ASAT jr Rarebird

Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi I own an ASAT jr numbered and am looking for Ops manual and adjustment of the tune o matic bridge I have owned since delivered by dealer in early 2000’s and have all papers and tag including ship box. Never got a manual and would like to get any special wiring and info to keep in file. Had the guitar recently adjusted by local guitar shop but the Low E buzzes. Have put a set of Ernie ball boomers # 10 .o46 strings but Luthier may have not had all of the guitar specs. Can anyone help? Did not see any specialty info in archives....PropJob

Re: ASAT jr Rarebird

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:36 am

Propjob wrote:Hi I own an ASAT jr numbered and am looking for Ops manual and adjustment of the tune o matic bridge I have owned since delivered by dealer in early 2000’s and have all papers and tag including ship box. Never got a manual and would like to get any special wiring and info to keep in file. Had the guitar recently adjusted by local guitar shop but the Low E buzzes. Have put a set of Ernie ball boomers # 10 .o46 strings but Luthier may have not had all of the guitar specs. Can anyone help? Did not see any specialty info in archives....PropJob

See: Album: Owner's Manual, Version 2 (1988-2008) and
Current Factory setup for G&L guitars with hardtail bridges and
What gauge & brand of strings does G&L use on their guitars?.

For wiring diagram, see this for the ASAT Super, as the wiring is the same: http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/GALLERY2/main.php?g2_itemId=8093.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added wiring diagram link

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:46 pm

Thanks Craig. As I am understanding, we set a 2000 Jr for the 2009 + specs listed and then tweak for what I wish?
BTW thank you for all that you do.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Propjob wrote:Thanks Craig. As I am understanding, we set a 2000 Jr for the 2009 + specs listed and then tweak for what I wish?
BTW thank you for all that you do.

The production years for the ASAT Jr was 1998-99, so I suggest using the Owner's Manual Version 2 (1988-2008) as the starting point.