MIK Tribute Invader

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:13 am

Hi, all.
This is my first post on this forum. I recently found a G&L Tribute Invader on Craigslist. I paid $150 CAD. I think I've found most of the info on it; although, any added input would be appreciated. Overall, the guitar looks pretty good and sounds really good. About the only thing that I'm not happy about is; the fret ends seem to have some sharp edges. Would "fret dressing" alleviate this problem? I plan to take it in for service at some point for a setup and figured this could be done at the same time. I have a few pics, for any comments, criticisms, etc.. TIA.ImageImageImage

Re: MIK Tribute Invader

Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi and welcome. If you have not already, do post a bit about yourself in the introductions sub-forum.

Looks like a good example of a Tribute Invader. You know, black guitars always sound better. As for the frets, I would think a good fret dressing by a competent luthier would take care of those. Just make sure you make him\her aware that this is what you want. Other than that, play that thing in good health, register it in our registry section and rock away.

Tom

Re: MIK Tribute Invader

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks for the reply, Tom. Yeah; for the $150 that I paid, this thing sounds as good as any $700 - $1000 guitar in the music store. I have a couple of very nice guitars (more awesome deals) and this Invader sounds every bit as good - if not better! When I get a chance (and more money), I'll take it into L&M for a little fret dressing, setup and I will find out if there's anything else that needs attention...probably not. I will get to the introduction; probably tomorrow. I'm all played out from my sax and guitars; so, it's time to relax. :D The guitar tech at L&M already set up my Japanese made Mann (vintage, from the early '70s). I'm sure he'll do a fine job of turning the Invader into a new guitar! :banana:
Before I fill in my profile; I will say that I'm 68, going on 20. I've been playing the sax (tenor and alto) for about 11 months and after more than 5 decades of playing rhythm guitar (to accompany my singing), I decided it's time to learn how to pick/play lead! I love learning new things...keeps me feeling young.