Specification Req

Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:09 pm

hay just picked up a new G&L ASAT Tribute Classic LE Alnico in Sonic Blue. It was so good i forgot of check any specifications and walked out of the store happy. now looking for this specific model's specifications ? The G&L site does not have this listed anymore. its a Limited Edition , which comes in Sonic Blue not the natural .

Body Wood : Swamp ash , Basswood or Poplar. Andertons website says its Poplar...
Neck Radius : 9 or 9.5 ? coz the USA made Alnico ASAT Classic is a 9.5..
Recommended String Gauge?
Pickups : same as the USA made ones like the MFD or it is G&L Designed but indonesia made...

i get it ... it sounds awesome and feels perfect, so why should i even care... just curious to know more about it to gloat a little more :banana: :D

thanks for such an awesome instrument G&L..

Regards
Ganesh Krish

Re: Specification Req

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:43 pm

ganeshkrish0212 wrote:hay just picked up a new G&L ASAT Tribute Classic LE Alnico in Sonic Blue. It was so good i forgot of check any specifications and walked out of the store happy. now looking for this specific model's specifications ? The G&L site does not have this listed anymore. its a Limited Edition , which comes in Sonic Blue not the natural .

Body Wood : Swamp ash , Basswood or Poplar. Andertons website says its Poplar...
Neck Radius : 9 or 9.5 ? coz the USA made Alnico ASAT Classic is a 9.5..
Recommended String Gauge?
Pickups : same as the USA made ones like the MFD or it is G&L Designed but indonesia made...

i get it ... it sounds awesome and feels perfect, so why should i even care... just curious to know more about it to gloat a little more :banana: :D

thanks for such an awesome instrument G&L..

Regards
Ganesh Krish

I recently heard that Andertons was a G&L dealer/distributor and that they were going to have some Limited Edition Tributes like Musicians Friend/Guitar Center.
So if the model name is ASAT Tribute Classic LE Alnico then the specs will likely be:

Body wood Basswood
Neck wood Hard Rock Maple
Neck dimensions 1 5⁄8” width at nut, 9” radius
Pickups 2 G&L designed Alnico V single-coils (pickups are made by Cort to G&L's specifications)
Controls 3-way pickup selector, volume, tone
Bridge Traditional boxed steel bridge with six brass saddles

String gauge is a set of 10s.
(reference post: 2015-present MF/GC Exclusive Tribute Models)

Please post photos of your guitar so I can confirm the model. Also, can you post the dealer's webpage for this model, too.

G&L does not list Tribute Limited Editions on the main website. I created the reference post above because MF/GC has in the past posted incorrect specs
for the LE models they carry.

I am going out of town starting tomorrow for atleast 10 days, so I may not be able to follow up right away.

Hope this helps.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:25 pm

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept ... -fretboard

thanks for the quick reply craig.. looking forward to you confirming these specs. other websites like MF/GC dont have these listed. Andertons does. they have even made an excellent video about this guitar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOJJA56QhOc
where they talk about the specs too.. Any clue on how many of these were made too, if possible? hope this helps..

Regards
Ganesh Krish

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:51 am

ganeshkrish0212 wrote:Image

thanks for the quick reply craig.. looking forward to you confirming these specs. other websites like MF/GC dont have these listed. Andertons does. they have even made an excellent video about this guitar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOJJA56QhOc
where they talk about the specs too.. Any clue on how many of these were made too, if possible? hope this helps..

Regards
Ganesh Krish

I got confirmation from one of my G&L contacts:

Those are Poplar.

We also offered these in the US and other markets. It's a version of the ones we sell exclusive to MF.

So, here are the specs for your guitar:

Body wood Poplar
Pickups 2 G&L designed Alnico V single-coils (pickups are made by Cort to G&L's specifications)

Hope this helps.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:20 pm

Craig wrote:
ganeshkrish0212 wrote:Image

Regards
Ganesh Krish

I got confirmation from one of my G&L contacts:

Those are Poplar.

We also offered these in the US and other markets. It's a version of the ones we sell exclusive to MF.

So, here are the specs for your guitar:

Body wood Poplar

Hope this helps.

thanks a lot for confirming those specifications Craig. in love with the guitar and would also like to thank Tone Shop Guitars Dallas, TX (who are G&L dealers) for keeping them in stock ..literally took me 20 guitars to find this one, They are awesome, be it customer service or set-up. They took their time in making sure i get what i want and working according to my budget.

Regards
Ganesh Krish

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:44 am

Congratulations on your ASAT Classic LE. Enjoy! My first G&L was also a Tribute series. I still have it and have no plans to part with it.

Cheers, Dan

Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:05 pm

WitSok wrote:Congratulations on your ASAT Classic LE. Enjoy! My first G&L was also a Tribute series. I still have it and have no plans to part with it.

Cheers, Dan

thanks a lot Dan. i am never parting with this, thats for sure.

Regards
Ganesh