Are these necks compatible?

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Hello,
I have an s500 Tribute and the neck is in quite bad shape - the frets are worn and the neck twists toward one side. I understand that the Tribute models and USA model necks are not compatible, but I found several necks on ebay and I wonder if they will work for me. One of the ebay necks is for a Legacy Tribute, another is for an ASAT Tribute. The guitar AND all necks mentions are four bolt, so my question is whether the heel of these necks will fit the guitar.

Thanks everybody!

Re: Are these necks compatible?

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 pm

puckstopper29 wrote:Hello,
I have an s500 Tribute and the neck is in quite bad shape - the frets are worn and the neck twists toward one side. I understand that the Tribute models and USA model necks are not compatible, but I found several necks on ebay and I wonder if they will work for me. One of the ebay necks is for a Legacy Tribute, another is for an ASAT Tribute. The guitar AND all necks mentions are four bolt, so my question is whether the heel of these necks will fit the guitar.

Thanks everybody!

Hello. I recently posted a similar question regarding swapping necks on a USA made Legacy and an S-500, and the consistent answer that I got was that there was no reason why you couldn't do that, that the only difference in the guitars is/are the pickups. Assuming the same logic applies to Tributes, you should be ok with the Legacy neck, but I wouldn't know for sure about the ASAT.

David

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:53 pm

puckstopper29 wrote:Hello,

Thanks everybody!

See: Compilation of Replacement neck info posted on the G&L Forum.

Hope thia helps.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Thanks everybody! I had a feeling this topic had been covered.