No response from G&L website or UK distributors.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:22 am

I've been trying to contact G&L over the last few week and months, regarding ordering a USA Legacy. I'm in the UK.

Although David McLaren originally replied to my emails very promptly, was very helpful, and put me in touch with the UK distributor Drew, I seem to have hit a brick wall with anyone replying to my messages now :-(

I've emailed David, Drew, the G&L sales email address, the website contact form address and also the Facebook page... but nobody seems to reply to me now, even though I can see that my messages (on Facebook anyway) have been read. I've even called G&L by phone in Fullerton and was told that someone would reply to me. This was over a week ago.

Is it really this hard to get a response from G&L and order a G&L USA custom made guitar, or have I upset someone?

I'm just a little disappointed and frustrated not to have had any response recently. These guitars cost a lot of money and it seems that they are not that keen to take mine.

Re: No response from G&L website or UK distributors.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:42 am

I don't think G&L is set up to take individual orders directly. They sell guitars through authorized dealers, rather than selling them directly, which would explain why you were referred to a local dealer. You could try another authorized dealer if you feel you're being ignored locally?

Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:48 am

Thanks Dan,

I did actually contact them as well about part specifications and custom order options (additional to website info), but they still didn't reply.

I will try to find another UK authorised dealer, but it would have been nice to get a name of someone in G&L who was consistent in replying via email.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:29 am

Perhaps they were getting ready for Summer NAMM or people on vacation prior to NAMM. Could several legitimate reasons why they haven't had a chance to return your call. With NAMM this week and national holiday the following week, I'd give them some time. If you don't hear back sometime the week of July 8th, then I'd try again. It could just be a very busy time at the moment.