Identify or confirm this colour for me please

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:59 am

Hey guys,
I signed up recently because I'm gonna buy my first G&L bass soon. It will be a USA L-2000 with maple board.

I was searching for real-life (photo) examples of G&L colours and found the following baby:

https://reverb.com/item/1433781-g-l-usa ... n-metallic

And here comes my question: Is that finish really "emerald green metallic" as the text says? I fell in love with this colour, but it seems "too blue" to me, thus my tip is that it's rather emerald blue metallic. Or perhaps this is what emerald green ages to in 20 years?

I'd like mine either in this colour, or lake placid blue.

Re: Identify or confirm this colour for me please

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:54 am

The color in the photos looks blue, but that could be a function of both camera and lighting. I noticed in the neck pocket photo that the right side of the of the guitar looks to be better lit, and undeniably green, while the left side seems to be muted by a shadow, thus showing up as blue.

Either way, my guess is that if the photos were color corrected the guitar would look green.

Having said that - the blue looks nice, and I can see why someone would like it. It'd be cool if it really is some kind of metallic blue.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:40 am

Check out this post: http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewt ... &hilit=EMR

To see the current Emerald Metallic colors and all the current colors check out this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: January 25, 2018-present G&L U.S. Specifications & Options.
Scroll down to the Body Finishes section and then click on each color link you want to see.

Hope this helps.

Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:44 am

That is an amazing color. I can't speak as to what color it is but it does look like it has faded over time to what it is now. So, that being said, unless you are looking to purchase that particular bass, you are unlikely to find an instrument in that color that is brand new.

Just my thoughts...good luck with your quest.

Tom

Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:40 am

Thanks for the help guys!