View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 G & L ASAT Classic Bluesboy USA fretboard radius 

Post G & L ASAT Classic Bluesboy USA fretboard radius
Hey everyone. I've been looking at the G & L ASAT Classic Bluesboy USA, but I've been coming across inconsistencies in the product specifications during my search regarding fretboard radius. I contacted G & L Support but never heard back, so I thought I'd ask the real experts lol. On the product page on the G & L website, the guitar is listed as having a 9.5" fretboard radius. On nearly every dealer page or sale listing I've seen, however, the guitar is listed as having a 12" fretboard radius instead. Is there a reason for this inconsistency? Are the dealers probably incorrect? Are the listings for older versions of the product that had different specifications? Or is it common practice for small dealers and big box music retailers alike to order and sell versions of G & L products that have been customized/altered from the manufacturer's specs? I've never seen disagreement like this over a product's specs and it is disconcerting. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help clarify this for me so I can make informed decisions when making a purchase. Thanks a lot.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:39 am

Post Re: G & L ASAT Classic Bluesboy USA fretboard radius
It's 9.5. Somebody could have ordered an optional neck but the standard is 9.5. You can check it at the company website at www.glguitars. You can also look at the "options" button under the Guitars tabs.

Hope that helps.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:47 am
Site Admin

Post Re: G & L ASAT Classic Bluesboy USA fretboard radius
Mojo Hand wrote:
Hey everyone. I've been looking at the G & L ASAT Classic Bluesboy USA, but I've been coming across inconsistencies in the product specifications during my search regarding fretboard radius. I contacted G & L Support but never heard back, so I thought I'd ask the real experts lol. On the product page on the G & L website, the guitar is listed as having a 9.5" fretboard radius. On nearly every dealer page or sale listing I've seen, however, the guitar is listed as having a 12" fretboard radius instead. Is there a reason for this inconsistency? Are the dealers probably incorrect? Are the listings for older versions of the product that had different specifications? Or is it common practice for small dealers and big box music retailers alike to order and sell versions of G & L products that have been customized/altered from the manufacturer's specs? I've never seen disagreement like this over a product's specs and it is disconcerting. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help clarify this for me so I can make informed decisions when making a purchase. Thanks a lot.

Note that G&L is currently doing a major update of their main website and it will take them some time to complete it.
In this sub-forum we have the current and past specifications and options, see this post for the most current: Current G&L Specifications and Options.
There are links to examples of many of these options with photos from the factory, so check them out, too.

As you will see, G&L has many options to choose from and most dealers will order their display instruments customized to show off what they want (or think will sell best).

Regarding the ASAT Classic Bluesboy neck specifications, they have changed over time, see: What are the USA neck size options, past and present?

Hope this helps.

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]