Bluesboy Blues

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:20 pm

I have recently purchased a Tribute ASAT Classic BB and have a question about the bridge P/U enclosure. I am not sure what it is called shield, bracket or what? I am having issues with the pick hitting the side of this which is frustrating as it encroaches into the area that I normally play. Any one know of any scooped ones, preferably commercial or do I have to play more towards the neck?? All of my other guitars do not have this bracket?-? Your experiences would be greatly appreciated

Propjob

Re: Bluesboy Blues

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:34 pm

It is actually the bracket that holds the saddle and bridge (Tele style?)

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:53 pm

You might try using an "ashtray cover" which fits over the bridge, like this:

Just a thought.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:04 pm

That could possibly work. I just played it and I am hanging up right about the top of the P/U, a little lower than the screw shown in the photo. If the treble side was scooped it would do the job and look decent.!!

Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:14 am

Found webposts on players modding the Bridge plate and found a company that makes the complete bridge. The company is Callaham guitars. Wondering if anyone has done business with them?

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:08 am

Found http://thebridge-works.com Found a source for notched Bridge plates in PA. Although he shows 3 saddle bridges, he will be posting six saddle.