View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Replacement necks from G&L ... 
Site Admin

Post Replacement necks from G&L ...
This was posted on G&L's Facebook page on 1/5/2018:

Quote:
Hey G&L, I have a 2014 asat Classic American, after buying an OLS blues boy with the 1-11/6 nut width
Can I buy a new neck for my classic with that width? Would it fit on a classic that has 1-5/8?

G&L Musical Instruments Our repairs department repairs@glguitars.com provides that service, ensuing a good fit.
I think it starts at 500 before additional neck options like finish, binding etc.

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:31 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Replacement necks from G&L ...
I contacted G&L about a replacement neck. According to the repair shop, all necks are made to order. You'll need to send in your guitar for a refit.

I don't have a price yet but will post when they get back to me.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:23 pm

I got the information on a new neck from G&L. Replacement necks start @$500. Includes installation and setup. Guitar owner pays for shipping both ways.

Hope that helps.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 am

Will they replace a 3 bolt neck?

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:40 am
Site Admin

Submersible wrote:

You need to contact G&L Support to find out.
Let us know what they say.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:45 am
Profile WWW

Submersible wrote:

They posted a few on Facebook.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:53 am
Site Admin

Danley wrote:
Submersible wrote:

They posted a few on Facebook.

I missed that, and tried searching but could not find any. Can you share the links to them?

TIA.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:03 pm
Profile WWW

They did two at least in the CLF Facebook thread - one is a Customer's L1000 and the other is listed as 'Project El Toro.' I don't know if these were one-offs and I'm sure it depends on the specific guitar, but looks like they have done it and posted it up in public:

viewtopic.php?f=135&t=14999&p=104425&hilit=neck+replacement+three+bolt#p104425

Craig wrote:
This is one of the most beautiful early L-1000s I’ve seen in a while. It’s a customer bass in for repair, so I’m taking liberties posting : )

This wunkay was born here in the factory on April 8, 1981, in my favorite combo of Sunburst on mahogany and that slick ebony board.
Some of you know exactly what’s up with that. Anyway, sad story was that original neck went south a while ago.

I guess the owner heard the factory is making L-1000s again in the early style. That’s what lead to me taking these pics of the bass with a
replacement neck made with (I believe) Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard and vintage tint satin finish. Yes, it was made for the original 3-bolt
and the fit is super clean to the original neck pocket.

So one hand, there’s a sad story of a beautiful L-1000 with a dead neck and out of the game. No matter that sucks. But as a consolation,
it just got a beautiful new neck, bringing it back to life at the place it’s life began 37 years ago. I just completely dig that this repair job came
about because of the existence of the new CLFR L-1000s. If the customer sees this, thank you for the opportunity. : )

viewtopic.php?f=135&t=14999&p=104958&hilit=project+el+toro#p104958

Craig wrote:
Project El Toro has been using the neck from our red ‘83 SB-2 for too long. Well, it’s time to put that neck back where it belongs,
‘cause we’re gonna build a brand new neck for Project El Toro.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:57 pm
Site Admin

Danley wrote:
They did two at least in the CLF Facebook thread - one is a Customer's L1000 and the other is listed as 'Project El Toro.' I don't know if these were one-offs and I'm sure it depends on the specific guitar, but looks like they have done it and posted it up in public:

viewtopic.php?f=135&t=14999&p=104425&hilit=neck+replacement+three+bolt#p104425

Craig wrote:
This is one of the most beautiful early L-1000s I’ve seen in a while. It’s a customer bass in for repair, so I’m taking liberties posting : )

This wunkay was born here in the factory on April 8, 1981, in my favorite combo of Sunburst on mahogany and that slick ebony board.
Some of you know exactly what’s up with that. Anyway, sad story was that original neck went south a while ago.

I guess the owner heard the factory is making L-1000s again in the early style. That’s what lead to me taking these pics of the bass with a
replacement neck made with (I believe) Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard and vintage tint satin finish. Yes, it was made for the original 3-bolt
and the fit is super clean to the original neck pocket.

So one hand, there’s a sad story of a beautiful L-1000 with a dead neck and out of the game. No matter that sucks. But as a consolation,
it just got a beautiful new neck, bringing it back to life at the place it’s life began 37 years ago. I just completely dig that this repair job came
about because of the existence of the new CLFR L-1000s. If the customer sees this, thank you for the opportunity. : )

viewtopic.php?f=135&t=14999&p=104958&hilit=project+el+toro#p104958

Craig wrote:
Project El Toro has been using the neck from our red ‘83 SB-2 for too long. Well, it’s time to put that neck back where it belongs,
‘cause we’re gonna build a brand new neck for Project El Toro.

Ah, from the CLF Research Facebook posts which I posted in the CLF Research (Past and Present) sub-forum. The Project El Toro is a bass Dave McLaren
bought and is having the factory restore, to added to the Leo's Lounge collection of vintage G&L's. The L-1000 was done as a favor for a customer who
had heard about the CLF Research L-1000 bass. He chose to have the factory build a new 3-bolt neck for this owner. Note that the CLF Research L-1000 neck is
a modern 4-bolt neck. I don't think Dave is saying that they will repair or replace 3-bolt necks in general. As I said before, you will need to contact G&L Support
and ask if they will repair/replace a 3-bolt neck.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]