Identify my ASAT

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi, new to this forum and to G&L, so bear with me if I'm 'newbyish'.

A friend has given me a G&L ASAT to look after but he was unsure about its provenance. It is black, tele style (obviously) and has a serial number on the neck plate "G031424". In addition there are two white or off white pickups with the PAT No. 4220069. I did take some photos but need to get them hosted before I can post them. The friend actually lives in Japan and got it there second hand. It's a great guitar, good weight, lovely tone and the neck feels good in the hand.

The three way pick up switch suffered damage in the trip over from Japan and needs replacing, which is why I want to know exactly what it is so I can get the correct switch and also see the right wiring diagram for repairs from G&L's website. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here's a link to pics of the guitar: http://slickpic.us/1441213z5Oj

Donald
Last edited by dmv501 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Identify ny ASAT

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:54 pm

dmv501 wrote:Hi, new to this forum and to G&L, so bear with me if I'm 'newbyish'.

A friend has given me a G&L ASAT to look after but he was unsure about its provenance. It is black, tele style (obviously) and has a serial number on the neck plate "G031424". In addition there are two white or off white pickups with the PAT No. 4220069. I did take some photos but need to get them hosted before I can post them. The friend actually lives in Japan and got it there second hand. It's a great guitar, good weight, lovely tone and the neck feels good in the hand.

The three way pick up switch suffered damage in the trip over from Japan and needs replacing, which is why I want to know exactly what it is so I can get the correct switch and also see the right wiring diagram for repairs from G&L's website. Any help would be much appreciated.

Donald

You can host your photos in our Registered User's Gallery..
Also, see: Tutorial: Posting photos.

You probably have an ASAT (or ASAT Special) but posting a photo will help id the actual model name.

In our Gallery, we have wiring diagrams: see: Album: Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics.
G&L has an On-Line Store and will find the pickup selector switch you need. Here's the link to the switch: SWITCH - PICKUP SELECTOR - USA.

Looking forward to seeing your G&L.

:ugeek:

Re: Identify ny ASAT

Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Great, thanks. Will arrange pic posting soon.

Re: Identify my ASAT

Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:53 am

Guitar pics link: http://slickpic.us/1441213z5Oj

Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:34 am

dmv501 wrote:Guitar pics link: http://slickpic.us/1441213z5Oj

Here's one of your photos inline:

It is an ASAT Special. See:List of Regular Production ASAT-style guitars (USA).

Here's the 1992 G&L Catalog page with the specifications:

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:
Last edited by Craig on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added 1992 G&L Catalog page

Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:08 am

Great, thanks. I'll get the switch ordered and download the wiring diagram and et it repaired.