View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 USA ASAT Special in BlueBurst? 

Post USA ASAT Special in BlueBurst?
I have a question. Someone has posted a guitar online that I'm intersted in buying. However it is in the blueburst paintjob, but he claims it is indeed a USA Asat Special.

Is this possible? I have been googling and all I can find in the blueburst are the tribute series. I might buy the guitar anyway, but it drastically affects what I offer for it.

Thank you

Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Post Re: USA ASAT Special in BlueBurst?
I started seeing more bluebursts on 90's G&Ls....there may have been some before that.
Here's an example below. Does the one you are looking at have a 3 or 4 bolt neckplate?
...and what's the serial number format? That'd give a big clue as to when and where it was made.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:16 pm

[quote="Elwood"]I started seeing more bluebursts on 90's G&Ls....there may have been some before that.
Here's an example below. Does the one you are looking at have a 3 or 4 bolt neckplate?
...and what's the serial number format? That'd give a big clue as to when and where it was made.

I havent seen the serial number. The pictures he has don't have the serial number showing. However where I'm from, that's not uncommon. Scammers tend to see guitars online with serial numbers and call the police, and say "My guitar was stolen, here's the serial number". So people stopped showing them online. I'll be visiting tomorrow.

However it's a 3 bolt neck.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Underxthexradar, all tributes (imports) have 4 bolt necks. So if it is 3 bolt it should be USA. With thw exception of artist signature model, all USA made G&L are made to order. There isn't standard factory spec produced in mass. Blueburst is a current available USA color.

Dan

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Awesome! Thank you very much!

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]