Need replacement pickguard for Tribute Legacy Flametop

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:18 am

I picked up used GC/MF Legacy Flametop last night. The previous owner somehow managed to smash the pickguard under the the rearmost tone control. So now I need to find a replacement pickguard. Problem is, I can't trace the existing one because it's smashed beyond recognition and the cut will never be right. Am I really out of luck trying to use a replacement from a USA Legacy?

Apologies if i'm posting in the wrong forum...

Re: Need replacement pickguard for Tribute Legacy Flametop

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:54 am

singlecastbassist wrote:I picked up used GC/MF Legacy Flametop last night. The previous owner somehow managed to smash the pickguard under the the rearmost tone control. So now I need to find a replacement pickguard. Problem is, I can't trace the existing one because it's smashed beyond recognition and the cut will never be right. Am I really out of luck trying to use a replacement from a USA Legacy?

Apologies if i'm posting in the wrong forum...

The biggest difference between the USA Legacy pickguard and the Tribute Legacy pickguard are the number and location of the attachment screws.
The USA guard uses eight screws while the Tribute Legacy guard uses eleven screws.

Tribute Legacy™ Flametop - Guitar Center / Musician's Friend Exclusive

USA Legacy™

I suggest you contact G&L Customer Support and ask them for help in getting a replacement guard. Here's the link to their webpage: G&L Support.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Re: Need replacement pickguard for Tribute Legacy Flametop

Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:34 am

This is great, Craig Thank you. And thank you for putting this question in the right place for me.