View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 G&L ASAT Classic 

Post G&L ASAT Classic
I'm a lover of pretty much everything G&L. My main guitars are a Comanche and a 2002 ASAT classic. The Asat has one really annoying feature that i've never experienced before on a G&L. I love the guitar to bits...but do find it annoying......when you line up the bridge it fits fine...as soon as you tighten it down...you can see the pick up cavity. I've tried all ways and can't get it to go down and cover the whole cavity....Image

Hopefully the picture shows to explain what i mean. Wondered if anyone else has had similar issues and if there is a way around it :shocked028:

Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:37 am

Post Re: G&L ASAT Classic
gandlfan, I think this is the case for ASAT Classic variants. If the box was a little wider it would hide it. Though I believe only the person playing it would ever notice it. You have to really be looking mainly from the top or bottom of the box saddle. If someone had a black ASAT Classic, I don't think they would even notice. I have Margarita Metallic and it doesn't bother me at all.

Beautiful ASAT BTW! Is that clear orange with woo top binding? Arm contour maybe?

Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:33 am

my 2013 red , silver and blue sparkle Classic is that way but slightly less than yours , had a 1998 Classic that way too ..... my 2015 Blues boy with wide neck option is not that way , not sure what why some do and some don't ??

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:00 am

WitSok wrote:
gandlfan, I think this is the case for ASAT Classic variants. If the box was a little wider it would hide it. Though I believe only the person playing it would ever notice it. You have to really be looking mainly from the top or bottom of the box saddle. If someone had a black ASAT Classic, I don't think they would even notice. I have Margarita Metallic and it doesn't bother me at all.

Beautiful ASAT BTW! Is that clear orange with woo top binding? Arm contour maybe?

Thanks, yes she is a stunner....just love the grain on it. It's the best Tele i have ever laid my hands on including custom shop Fenders to be honest....Yeah its a shame the tray wasn't a little wider. You can't really notice from the front, but it is more noticeable than i would like :(

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:06 am

Fumble fingers wrote:
my 2013 red , silver and blue sparkle Classic is that way but slightly less than yours , had a 1998 Classic that way too ..... my 2015 Blues boy with wide neck option is not that way , not sure what why some do and some don't ??

Yeah it's strange indeed. My Bluesboy isn't like it either :shocked028:

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]