View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Lost tremolo arm 

Post Lost tremolo arm
Hi, I've owned my Legacy for many years now but a loooonnnng time ago I lost track of the tremolo arm. Really didn't consider it a big deal at the time as I (when a young, dumb teenager) figured I didn't need it anyway. I know, dumb. Anyway I have recently decided I'd like to go ahead and replace it. I've looked on G&L's website and found which one I need , mine is from 1992 I think. My question though is about the little screw used to hold it in and apparently adjust the tension? I didn't even know it did that.. I don't have that either. And G&L's website doesn't make it clear to me if that little guy will come with the bar when I order it. Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks!

Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:48 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Lost tremolo arm
dkpowerchord wrote:
Hi, I've owned my Legacy for many years now but a loooonnnng time ago I lost track of the tremolo arm. Really didn't consider it a big deal at the time as I (when a young, dumb teenager) figured I didn't need it anyway. I know, dumb. Anyway I have recently decided I'd like to go ahead and replace it. I've looked on G&L's website and found which one I need , mine is from 1992 I think. My question though is about the little screw used to hold it in and apparently adjust the tension? I didn't even know it did that.. I don't have that either. And G&L's website doesn't make it clear to me if that little guy will come with the bar when I order it. Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks!

The replacement trem arm does not include the tension set screw and nylon bushing, you will need to order them separately.
Here's the link to them in the G&L Online Store: Trem Arm Tension Screw Set.
There are two different thread types. You will want to order the Tension Scew Set (pre-2005).

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:44 am
Profile WWW

Hey thanks! I actually never thought to look at the rest of the products in that section to see if they sold the screws too. So, why are there 6 of them? Is that in case you lose one? And is the nylon bushing the little piece of plastic that also goes in there?
I know I should probably know all this but I just want to make sure it's all gonna be there and I don't have to hunt around for extra parts.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:38 am

Duh! I just Googled G&L saddle lock bridge. I get why there's 6 now.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]