Can't seem to find my guitar anywhere

Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:58 am

Hi I have a G&L telecaster ASAT Classic which I am struggling to find anywhere online. It is light blue, semi-hollow with an f-hole on top. I originally bought it around 5 years ago (I need to check on that) for £1200 in Denmark Street in London, and it was apparently worth £1500 at the time. Please let me know and I will provide as much information as needed to find out the current worth of this guitar. Thanks.

Re: Can't seem to find my guitar anywhere

Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:31 am

lucasven wrote:Hi I have a G&L telecaster ASAT Classic which I am struggling to find anywhere online. It is light blue, semi-hollow with an f-hole on top. I originally bought it around 5 years ago (I need to check on that) for £1200 in Denmark Street in London, and it was apparently worth £1500 at the time. Please let me know and I will provide as much information as needed to find out the current worth of this guitar. Thanks.

Please post some photos (front and back) of this guitar. Also, if it came with the Custom Build Specifications sheet, post a photo of it, too.

:ugeek:

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:26 am

hey i can't seem to work out how to upload them to this message, any tips?

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:13 am

lucasven wrote:hey i can't seem to work out how to upload them to this message, any tips?

See: Welcome! Read This First.
You will find a link to the Tutorial: Posting photos there.

:ugeek:

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:38 am

hey sorry for the very slow reply, please let me know if this link works for you https://www.flickr.com/photos/147371248 ... res/rmSeSs

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:50 am

What you have is an ASAT Classic Custom Semi-Hallow. G&L made two series called ASAT Classic Custom. This is the later, I don't know much about the earlier series. IIRC, the bridge pickup is the same as an ASAT Classic and the neck is a deeper version of the MFD with more windings. It looks similar to the MFD in the ASAT Special. Personally, the large MFDs are my favorite G&L pickups. The model is no longer in production. About the time production started the Bluesboy 90 was introduced. Looks similar but has a P90 instead of the MFD. You got a great guitar in my opinion! :happy0065:

Dan

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:58 am

awesome thanks so much! would you have any idea of how much it would go for? also how many were made?

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:06 am

See this thread for determining value.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9032&hilit=Value

Don't know how many were made. I believe part of the reason for discontinuing was low sales. Personally wish they were still making it. If I had to guess it was poor economy and people be unfamiliar with the MFD. I hear they are great guitars.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:15 am

awesome thanks, no idea of the price though yeah? but yeah it is an awesome guitar it sounds absolutely wonderful, great to hear its custom built!

Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:30 pm

Here is a link to the ASAT Classic Custom specification. Like I said, sweet guitar.

http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/US ... /index.asp

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:23 am

They go for about the same as a regular ASAT, how much that is in the UK I've no idea. Around here they go for anywhere between AUS$900-1400. As yours is a semi then probably towards the upper limit.