Fallout Neck Profile Question

Tue May 31, 2016 9:44 am

I just ordered a new USA Fallout (serial #CLF074524) made around August 2015. Hasn't arrived yet, but the spec sheet provided by the seller lists the neck as being a #1 Classic C. I had though that the Slim C was the only neck option for this guitar as of that date. I assume I must be mistaken, but if anyone knows definitively I'd be interested to know. Thanks.

Re: Fallout Neck Profile Question

Tue May 31, 2016 10:31 am

kdl6769 wrote:I just ordered a new USA Fallout (serial #CLF074524) made around August 2015. Hasn't arrived yet, but the spec sheet provided by the seller lists the neck as being a #1 Classic C. I had though that the Slim C was the only neck option for this guitar as of that date. I assume I must be mistaken, but if anyone knows definitively I'd be interested to know. Thanks.

It is likely that the Dealer order for this guitar was written and received by the factory prior to when the July 1, 2015 Price List went into effect. The standard neck was the #1 for the Fallout at that time (pre-July 1, 2015).
See: 2014-15 (pre-July 1) G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

If you have a set of calipers, you could measure the depths of the 1st and 12th frets to determine if the neck is a #1 (Classic C) or #1a (Slim C).

:ugeek:

Tue May 31, 2016 10:40 am

Thanks. I have fairly small hands - is there a consensus as to whether one neck profile or the other is better suited to small hands, or is this totally subjective? Also - possible to replace the neck with a Slim C down the road?

Tue May 31, 2016 10:45 am

What's weird is that the bridge pickup is listed as a G&L AW4470 humbucker, not the Seymour Duncan JB that was standard pre-July 1, 2015.