View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Neck profile formerly named "#3 Wide C 1-11/16" neck" 

Post Neck profile formerly named "#3 Wide C 1-11/16" neck"
OK, so I had finally found the perfect G&L neck profile... just looked on the web page and all the descriptions are different and I don't see my favorite listed as it was before...

The neck I love was once referred to as the:

"#3 Wide C 1-11/16" neck"

Does this neck profile still exist? And why the change of the neck profiles? Different CNC machine or what? Or did you guys just spiff up your options page with a bunch ofnew words, and the #3 Wide C 1-11/16" neck still exists...

Please tell me it does, because all of the 1-5/8" nut width necks don't fit my hand right...

By any chance is the "#3 Wide C 1-11/16" neck" -- now being called the "Classic Plus C" ???

Is there any change to this neck profile in how the new name is currently produced?

Is it the same neck, just a new name??????

Years and years and years and years and years of ordering the same thing, knowing exactly what I want.... worded the same way... I know what I'm getting as an end result... now the change... or is it a change?

UGH....... :evil:

Mon May 02, 2016 11:15 pm

Post Re: Neck profile formerly named "#3 Wide C 1-11/16" neck"
ps. On the G&L USA Guitars Options page, it gives a link to "the earlier neck profile numbering system", but when clicking that link, it takes you to the previous BASS necks numbering system... NOT the guitar neck profile numbering system...

Mon May 02, 2016 11:22 pm

#3 wide C is now Classic C plus .... I just received a new Blues Boy with that neck , love it

Tue May 03, 2016 6:12 am
Site Admin

candleman wrote:
OK, so I had finally found the perfect G&L neck profile... just looked on the web page and all the descriptions are different and I don't see my favorite listed as it was before...

The neck I love was once referred to as the:

"#3 Wide C 1-11/16" neck"

Does this neck profile still exist? And why the change of the neck profiles? Different CNC machine or what? Or did you guys just spiff up your options page with a bunch ofnew words, and the #3 Wide C 1-11/16" neck still exists...

Please tell me it does, because all of the 1-5/8" nut width necks don't fit my hand right...

By any chance is the "#3 Wide C 1-11/16" neck" -- now being called the "Classic Plus C" ???

Is there any change to this neck profile in how the new name is currently produced?

Is it the same neck, just a new name??????

Years and years and years and years and years of ordering the same thing, knowing exactly what I want.... worded the same way... I know what I'm getting as an end result... now the change... or is it a change?

UGH....... :evil:

Not sure how you missed this on the Options page (I underlined the part you missed):

Quote:
Classic Plus C Just 1/16” wider than the Classic C with added string spacing. A good choice for players with big hands who find 1 5/8” a little too narrow. 1 11/16” nut width, slight edge roll, medium taper from 0.830” to 0.960”. It starts off fairly slim and gets beefier up the neck. These specs were part of the #3 neck.
:searching:

G&L separated the neck radius from the neck options and now make them another option, along with a new 9 1/2" radius option. They also changed the standard neck specifications for most models, as well.
These new neck options and standard specifications were introduced with the July 1, 2015 U.S. Dealer Price List.
see: July 1, 2015-Feb 29, 2016 G&L U.S. Specifications & Options and March 1, 2016-present G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Tue May 03, 2016 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

candleman wrote:
ps. On the G&L USA Guitars Options page, it gives a link to "the earlier neck profile numbering system", but when clicking that link, it takes you to the previous BASS necks numbering system... NOT the guitar neck profile numbering system...

I will let Dave know about this, so he can have his web guy fix it.

Tue May 03, 2016 6:42 am
Profile WWW

Thank you all for the answers.

I did notice the underlined part, and what throws me/threw me off was that it said it was "part of" the #3 neck, meaning (as I read it) the #3 neck no longer exists and this is only part of what that neck used to be.

It might be helpful to the consumer for G&L to simply state they have now (since such and such a date) separated the neck radius from the neck options.

As a consumer, I would not have any access to the dealer price list.

All it would take is a simple note of a sentence or two at the top of the page telling folks about the change.

My troubles are... because my dealer who I've special ordered about a dozen G&Ls from in the past few years... is no longer a G&L dealer... (sucks to be him, these are the best guitars on the planet...)... He's been my "go to" guy for many orders, so... thinking it was about time to order another beautiful G&L, I had to start looking through any known sources of info (i.e. the G&L web site)... which left me wondering what happened to my favorite neck as I had become used to knowing its name, etc...

:shocked003: :shocked028:

Tue May 03, 2016 4:02 pm
Site Admin

candleman wrote:
Thank you all for the answers.

I did notice the underlined part, and what throws me/threw me off was that it said it was "part of" the #3 neck, meaning (as I read it) the #3 neck no longer exists and this is only part of what that neck used to be.

It might be helpful to the consumer for G&L to simply state they have now (since such and such a date) separated the neck radius from the neck options.

As a consumer, I would not have any access to the dealer price list.

All it would take is a simple note of a sentence or two at the top of the page telling folks about the change.

My troubles are... because my dealer who I've special ordered about a dozen G&Ls from in the past few years... is no longer a G&L dealer... (sucks to be him, these are the best guitars on the planet...)... He's been my "go to" guy for many orders, so... thinking it was about time to order another beautiful G&L, I had to start looking through any known sources of info (i.e. the G&L web site)... which left me wondering what happened to my favorite neck as I had become used to knowing its name, etc...

:shocked003: :shocked028:

I have discussed this several times here: Radius of neck on Legacy, Should my big hands and I go for a "Classic Wide C" neck?,
Fretboard radius.

But as a member or visitor here, you do have access to the Price Lists text (without pricing, of course).
I have been posting them since 2014 in the G&L Knowledgebase, General G&L Questions sub-forum (including occasional corrections to G&L's main website).
When the lastest Price List came out in March, I posted this: March 1, 2016-present G&L U.S. Specifications and Options ...

Hope this helps.

Tue May 03, 2016 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]