Details on G&L 2005

Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:39 am

Hi, I posted a Wanted add for a Fender ( as a trade for an acoustic Boucher ) and a fellow replied back with "He's got something better than a Fender". He's offering me his "2005 G&L legacy fullertone custom shop red". He sent me a picture and the serial number but I couldn't find any serial number DB except for the registry on this site. His serial number is not registered here. Could anyone share some details on this model or G&L guitars in general and how they compare with Fenders. I've never even seen 1 of these let alone played one. Thanks ( SN: CLF36047 ).

Re: Details on G&L 2005

Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:12 pm

richardp1962 wrote:Could anyone share some details on this model or G&L guitars in general and how they compare with Fenders. I've never even seen 1 of these let alone played one. Thanks ( SN: CLF36047 ).

Some links you might want to check out:
From Greg Gagliano's (GG Jaguar) website:
1995 George Fullerton Signature
1996 George Fullerton Signature
2002 George Fullerton Signature

From my own website:
2001 George Fullerton Signature

Hope this helps,

- Jos

Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:28 pm

richardp1962 wrote:Hi, I posted a Wanted add for a Fender ( as a trade for an acoustic Boucher ) and a fellow replied back with "He's got something better than a Fender". He's offering me his "2005 G&L legacy fullertone custom shop red". He sent me a picture and the serial number but I couldn't find any serial number DB except for the registry on this site. His serial number is not registered here. Could anyone share some details on this model or G&L guitars in general and how they compare with Fenders. I've never even seen 1 of these let alone played one. Thanks ( SN: CLF36047 ).

Well, based on the above information, my guess is that it is a standard production G&L Legacy with a Fullerton Red finish (which is a standard G&L finish).
If it was a Fullerton Signature model, the serial number would have been in the form of "GF####". See: Serial number significance.

Please post the photo you were sent, so that we can fully identify the actual model he is offering you. To post photos, see Tutorial: Posting photos.

Looking forward to seeing the photo.

:ugeek:

Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:17 pm

thanks for the quick replies jos and craig. i appreciate it.
you can view the pic at : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ById_QfECN2NSHFNUjNsQ3U3SW8/view?usp=sharing

Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:34 pm

richardp1962 wrote:thanks for the quick replies jos and craig. i appreciate it.
you can view the pic at : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ById_QfECN2NSHFNUjNsQ3U3SW8/view?usp=sharing

It is what I thought, a standard production Legacy with the standard Fullerton Red finish.

Here are the specs from the 2005 G&L website (copied from Internet Archives):

Legacy Specifications:

PICKUPS
3 G&L vintage style Alnico V single coil pickups
BODY WOOD
Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on all Premier finishes
NECK WOOD
Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or Maple fingerboard
NECK RADIUS
12" (304.8mm)
NECK WIDTH AT NUT
1 5/8" (41.3mm)
TUNING KEYS
12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, adjustable knob tension
BRIDGE
G&L Dual Fulcrum vibrato
CONTROLS
5 position pickup selector, PTB system
FINISH
Standard finishes included
OTHER
Chrome Hardware; 3-ply White pickguard; G&L molded hardcase included

Hope this helps.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:38 pm

it's still a beauty with the maple neck !!

Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:41 pm

two more pics :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ById_QfECN2NNlRzWG4zWVU3b2M/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ById_QfECN2NVjh1aVJGZEZCQW8/view?usp=sharing

Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:46 pm

thanks again guys.
now your expert opinion. how much would a guitar like this go for ( street value ). i've seem G&L guitars range between 500 US$ and 1800 EUROs.
i'm not sure how to price this one.
seller indicates its in A1 condition ;-) whatever that means ...

Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:41 pm

richardp1962 wrote:thanks again guys.
now your expert opinion. how much would a guitar like this go for ( street value ). i've seem G&L guitars range between 500 US$ and 1800 EUROs.
i'm not sure how to price this one.
seller indicates its in A1 condition ;-) whatever that means ...

See: Is there a good source for getting G&L instrument values?.

Hope this helps.