I need help indentifying this body finish

Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi,

I am not sure if the finish of that guitar is tobacco sunburst or 2 tone sunburst.

And, that body seems to have a natural top binding + Front Arm Contour (FC) and Rear Body Contour (RC) options. Are those options still available? I would love that exact body...

Thanks for the help!

Re: I need help indentifying this body finish

Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:51 pm

vns wrote:Hi,

I am not sure if the finish of that guitar is tobacco sunburst or 2 tone sunburst.

And, that body seems to have a natural top binding + Front Arm Contour (FC) and Rear Body Contour (RC) options. Are those options still available? I would love that exact body...

Thanks for the help!

That S-500 has the Tobacco Sunburst with the optional Satin Frost finish on an Alder body with the optional natural wood binding. Yes, all those options are still available.
The S-500 body comes standard with the body contours. See: July 1, 2015-present G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Thank you very much Craig.

For some reason I am having a lot problems distinguishing 2 tone and tobacco. In some pictures I can clearly see a reddish contour in the tobacco sunburst, but other times, like in that photo, I can't see at all :)

I am looking forward to getting my first G&L, just learning about all the options.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:11 pm

vns wrote:Thank you very much Craig.

For some reason I am having a lot problems distinguishing 2 tone and tobacco. In some pictures I can clearly see a reddish contour in the tobacco sunburst, but other times, like in that photo, I can't see at all :)

I am looking forward to getting my first G&L, just learning about all the options.

There are two types of Tobacco Sunburst (standard and Old School): What's the difference between TSB & OSTSB?.

2-Tone Sunburst has black outer finish:
Image.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:08 am

Thanks again, now I have clear the differences between thoses finishes.