Legacy HB versus Legacy Standard: single coil bridge

Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:21 pm

Hello. I was wondering if there is a significant difference between a Legacy HB bridge pickup split into acting as a single pickup and a conventional Legacy standard bridge pickup.

I have a mint Legacy HB and I'm thinking that if there is a significant difference I might want a Legacy standard. (for that standard "glassy" single coil bridge sound)

Thanks for your help.

Re: Legacy HB versus Legacy Standard: single coil bridge

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:38 am

timacn wrote:Hello. I was wondering if there is a significant difference between a Legacy HB bridge pickup split into acting as a single pickup and a conventional Legacy standard bridge pickup.

I have a mint Legacy HB and I'm thinking that if there is a significant difference I might want a Legacy standard. (for that standard "glassy" single coil bridge sound)

Thanks for your help.

Not sure why you posted this since your other post G&L Legacy HB: What is lost with the coil tap/humbucker? is asking the same basic question and it was already answered by another member. :confused0007:

Why don't you take your Legacy HB into a G&L dealer and AB it with a standard Legacy? Have you tried dialing in your Legacy HB to get the bridge tone you are seeking?

:ugeek: