Comanche Truss rod wrench size??

Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:10 pm

So, I tried a few wrenches that I own an none of them felt like the correct fit. Didn't want to booger it up so I didn't try to adjust it.

Does anyone know the proper size for my USA Comanche?

Thanks!

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/yz250f49/Commanche_20151017_115645.jpg[/image]

Re: Comanche Truss rod wrench size??

Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:20 pm

That appears to be an earlier Comanche (GOT Neck) and should be the same as an American Fender 1/8 in. The newer ones are 4 mm. Look at it closely with a mirror and light to make sure that the head hasn't been stripped out. Let us know what you find. -- Darwin

Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:33 pm

darwinohm wrote:That appears to be an earlier Comanche (GOT Neck) and should be the same as an American Fender 1/8 in. The newer ones are 4 mm. Look at it closely with a mirror and light to make sure that the head hasn't been stripped out. Let us know what you find. -- Darwin

It's a 2005. Looked at it and it looks good. Found a 1/8 and it seems to fit perfectly, thanks!

Also noticed it took very little effort to tighten the truss rod. Way less than my typical Fender. I'm assuming it was backed out most of the way or are these some type of a bi-flex rod that doesn't require much effort?

Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:42 pm

It is not a bi flex and it sounds like you are in good shape. Easier adjustment is best. some are not easy. -- Darwin

Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks for your help Darwin!

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:44 am

For the complete list of allen wrenches used for G&L instruments, see this post in the G&L Knowledgebase: Can you tell me which allen wrenches I need for my G&L?.

:ugeek: