Case for G&L Rampage

Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi, I'm Raul. I need help. 6 months ago I bought a 1985 G&L Rampage, and I fell in love with it. I just bought another rampage, a tribute, but this time didn't have a case. This guitars are longer, and won't fit in any case.

Does anybody know about a case that could fit? I know that you could buy a G&L case with them, but it costs nearly 200 dollars. The guitar cost me 300. It kind of bothers me to buy a case almost at the cost of the guitar.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Re: Case for G&L Rampage

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:22 pm

raga80 wrote:Hi, I'm Raul. I need help. 6 months ago I bought a 1985 G&L Rampage, and I fell in love with it. I just bought another rampage, a tribute, but this time didn't have a case. This guitars are longer, and won't fit in any case.

Does anybody know about a case that could fit? I know that you could buy a G&L case with them, but it costs nearly 200 dollars. The guitar cost me 300. It kind of bothers me to buy a case almost at the cost of the guitar.

You might look at gig bags as an inexpensive option. I know several members here have been happy with Reunion Blues gig bags.

:ugeek:

Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:23 am

I'm not sure about a Tribute Rampage, but I've found that SKB universal hard cases fit most of my G&Ls. Another route to go if you have local source is to check for used hard cases from the 80s. They seem to have been just a bit longer on average than modern cases. The build quality if also quite a bit better than modern aftermarket cases.

Ken

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 am

Craig wrote:
raga80 wrote:Hi, I'm Raul. I need help. 6 months ago I bought a 1985 G&L Rampage, and I fell in love with it. I just bought another rampage, a tribute, but this time didn't have a case. This guitars are longer, and won't fit in any case.

You might look at gig bags as an inexpensive option. I know several members here have been happy with Reunion Blues gig bags.

:ugeek:

Well the Reunion Blues isn't exactly inexpensive -- comparable price to a G&L hard case. I was lucky to purchase mine on sale and had a GC gift certificate also. Other less expensive gig bags could be a viable alternative.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:37 pm

i have owned gig bags from fender, carvin and Levy's. all in the $40-50 range. the levy's is the best quality of the 3 and provides excellent support for the guitar, is conveniently portable, has nice zipper pouches, well anchored handles and shoulder straps. my G&L's fit well, and i prefer these to HSC's for gigs.

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:54 am

Thanks everybody. I guess I will stick with a gigbag while I'll keep searching for a hard case.