New ASAT- cosmetic problem

Sat May 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Hello,
I decided to join the forum after falling in love with the ASAT semi-hollow!! I purchased one online & I just got it in the mail this week!
I am very pleased with the guitar, However, I was disheartened to find 2 blemishes on the rosewood fretboard.

Is there a repair I could do? This kinda sucks since its a brand new guitar, I wonder why G&L would choose this piece to use on a guitar? I know its just cosmetic as it plays amazingly! The one blemish looks like it possibly has already been repaired perhaps?? Any thoughts....?

Cheers

Re: New ASAT- cosmetic problem

Sat May 23, 2015 8:33 pm

PICS

[image]Image[/image]

[image]Image[/image]

[image]Image[/image]

Sat May 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Should that be a US model II wouldn't be too happy either…. I can see it tho should it be a Tribute...
Another reason I dig the REAL (Leo-era) ones - Superb craftsmanship & attention to detail - nothing dodgy like that would have left the factory back in the day...
Heck, I sound old.
Youlcould proly have a tech fill them with something like wood putty or ???
Best of Luck.
Cheers,
KF

Sat May 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Ya this is a USA asat special, sorry forgot to mention that

Sat May 23, 2015 11:00 pm

Crikey, that sucks. I'd be asking for some $ back. I bet it didn't come cheap…. DId you try contacting the dealer you purchased it from online?

Thu May 28, 2015 3:05 pm

Well I contacted the dealer who offered to exchange it for me except they had no stock left of what I wanted, so now it's goin back to G&L for warranty repair. I will update as to how that goes once I get it back

Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:32 am

Update: I guess at G&L they tried to repair the existing fretboard but ended up looking about the same as before so they are replacing the neck. The dealer who is providing me these updates also mentioned that the guitar is also getting the "new style truss rod"? Does anyone know what he means? I was not aware they made a change to the design

Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:13 pm

Cool that its getting sorted. Nah re the truss rod - Craig may be able to shed some light on things…

Cheers,
KF

Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:36 pm

Achoo wrote: Does anyone know what he means? I was not aware they made a change to the design

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11317

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:16 pm

Good write up and explanation! Thanks for sharing that link. Seems like a good thing to me! Cheers!