WHY are there no neck options for SC-2/Fallout?

Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:38 am

I always just assumed this is something to do with the different body thickness and only having the #1 neck programmed to fit it, but with the recent addition to the option list of the thinner 'OLS' body for ASAT models my theory has been debunked. Anyone know the actual answer? Craig?

Re: WHY are there no neck options for SC-2/Fallout?

Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:06 am

blargfromouterspace wrote:I always just assumed this is something to do with the different body thickness and only having the #1 neck programmed to fit it, but with the recent addition to the option list of the thinner 'OLS' body for ASAT models my theory has been debunked. Anyone know the actual answer? Craig?

As of the August 1, 2014 US Dealer Price List, all neck size options are available on the SC-2, Fallout and F-100 models.
See: 2014 G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

Here's a couple of reference posts: viewtopic.php?p=81463#p81463 and viewtopic.php?p=82641#p82641.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Craig wrote:As of the August 1, 2014 US Dealer Price List, all neck size options are available on the SC-2, Fallout and F-100 models.

There you go, I must have missed that. Thanks Craig!

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:32 am

blargfromouterspace wrote:
Craig wrote:As of the August 1, 2014 US Dealer Price List, all neck size options are available on the SC-2, Fallout and F-100 models.

There you go, I must have missed that. Thanks Craig!

Now with the July 1, 2015 US Dealer Price List, the SC-2, Fallout and F-100 models are again listed as "(no neck profile options)".
I asked Dave about this and here's what he said:

We haven’t done the CAD/CAM for different neck profiles for Fallout, SC-2 and F-100 yet. They have to be different because the blend into the headstock is different.
Changing the radius is no problem as that doesn’t care about the shape of the headstock. Same situation is true with the JB: on that the blend into the heel with the
shorter, 20 fret neck has to be redone. We will probably do Fallout first, as we sell quite a few of them. SC-2 is very little, F-100 is almost non-existent, so you can
imagine they’re not a priority. Plus we have other projects that are taking up the CAD/CAM time.

Once I hear any more updates, I will post them.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:39 am

I am hoping to get a Fallout with a wide neck. Does anyone have any updates on when this might be possible? Thanks!

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:10 am

Warren wrote:I am hoping to get a Fallout with a wide neck. Does anyone have any updates on when this might be possible? Thanks!

No news yet, but see this post [not sure how you missed it. ;)] : Current SC-2/ Fallout neck options.