Most comparable to Cavalier pickups?

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Those pickups in the Cavaliers are incredible and hard to find. Which pickups are the most comparable? Are there any on the market today? I would love to find something for a project I'm working on. There's now way in hell I'm popping out the pups on my pristine '83 Cavalier!

Re: Most comparable to Cavalier pickups?

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:50 pm

I wonder how F100's compare to the Cavalier ??..... I have a Cav but don't have a F100 .... they are humbucking and seem close in size anyway

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:59 pm

estoniaman wrote:Those pickups in the Cavaliers are incredible and hard to find. Which pickups are the most comparable? Are there any on the market today? I would love to find something for a project I'm working on. There's now way in hell I'm popping out the pups on my pristine '83 Cavalier!

You might review this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

You might try posting a Want Ad in our GbL Marketplace for those G&L Magnetic Field Design HG-2R "Angled-Offset" humbucking pickups.

Good luck on your search. Let us know if you locate a comparable pickup.

:ugeek:

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:08 pm

Yeah, I have checked the database and I know the pickups were only used in a couple of guitars. I just have no idea which pickup on the market (any brand) makes something that is most comparable. Even in single coils.