Social Media Image Time Delay

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:50 pm

Hello,

I ordered a G&L bass a few months ago and, accounting for their (richly deserved) holiday break, my guitar should be built any day now. As such, I've been watching the G&L social media feeds pretty intently. I know that not every instrument that gets built appears, but if I see mine pop up I'll know that it's close!

I have a feeling that the photos on the G&L Facebook and Instagram pages are delayed somewhat, as the pictures kept appearing during their holiday break. Does anyone know, in general, how old the pictures are that appear on these feeds?

I looked around in the knowledgebase in an attempt to find this answer, but I didn't seem to see one.

Re: Social Media Image Time Delay

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:59 pm

MHoepfl wrote:Hello,

I ordered a G&L bass a few months ago and, accounting for their (richly deserved) holiday break, my guitar should be built any day now. As such, I've been watching the G&L social media feeds pretty intently. I know that not every instrument that gets built appears, but if I see mine pop up I'll know that it's close!

I have a feeling that the photos on the G&L Facebook and Instagram pages are delayed somewhat, as the pictures kept appearing during their holiday break. Does anyone know, in general, how old the pictures are that appear on these feeds?

I looked around in the knowledgebase in an attempt to find this answer, but I didn't seem to see one.

I do know that they use the scheduled post function on weekends and during holidays. I would guess that the photos are no more that a week old.
However, they do not photo and post every instrument which is made. I say keep an eye out for yours, just in case. You might also ask your dealer
if they can find out from the factory when it will be shipped.

:ugeek:

Re: Social Media Image Time Delay

Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:02 am

Craig,

Thanks for your reply! My dealer actually let me know yesterday that it's inbound to me, so it looks like NBD is tomorrow. Pictures to follow.