How to (place an order)?

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:34 pm

As a newcomer how do you place a custom order for an ASAT....I dont have much on the wish list and I've seen the options available on the G&L site but cant see how to place an order. Also how long does it take and is there an app to get a view of what my dream would look like?
Cheers

ps sorry if this has all been asked before.
Last edited by Craig on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Clarified the Subject title

Re: How to?

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Welcome to the insanity that is G&L.

The answer to your questions us: call your dealer. Only they can give you a price and time frame.

edg

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Ah, I thought it was too simple :)
I loved the idea of the options list and hoped it was just a case of an online form, tick the boxes, it calculates the cost, you pay, you wait, it turns up.

Mind you maybe its better that its a bit more involved...it could cause untold damage to my finances

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Next question....are there dealers in the UK (Scotland) who can place orders?

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:52 pm

You don't say where you're located.
Here is a list of U.S. G&L dealers:
https://www.glguitars.com/us%20dealers/index.asp

Here are foreign distributors:
https://www.glguitars.com/distributors/index.asp

If you don't have a local dealer, you can place an order with any one on the list.

As far as wait times, people here have reported anywhere from a few weeks to several months.

For what it's worth, my custom build in 2011 took 6 weeks.

If your build contains fairly common options, you might find exactly what you are looking for if you search online.
Keep in mind that ALL G&Ls are ordered to spec -- even the dealers stock.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:20 pm

UPDATE: For the most current specifications and options, check this post in the Knowledgebase: Current G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:
Last edited by Craig on Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Updated link to Current U.S. Specifications and Options.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Chuckboots wrote: and is there an app to get a view of what my dream would look like?

Here's the online builder site:

http://www.americanguitarboutique.net/A ... index.html

Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:29 pm

Elwood wrote:
Chuckboots wrote: and is there an app to get a view of what my dream would look like?

Here's the online builder site:

http://www.americanguitarboutique.net/A ... index.html

FYI: AGB has not yet updated their configurator to the lastest Price List (August 1, 2014), so don't rely on the MSRP pricing they show.
They also are missing some finishes, new models and changes to some specifications. See this thread: G&L On Line Guitar Builder.

:ugeek:

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:32 am

Chuckboots wrote:Next question....are there dealers in the UK (Scotland) who can place orders?

Hi, I don't know of any actual G&L dealers here in Scotland. I know guitarguitar has occasionaly got one on their website also Barnton Street Music in Stirling had Tributes... I got one from there but apart from that I've never actually saw a brand new model here

john

Re: How to (place an order)?

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks for all replies, that guitar builder is something else. Looks like only one dealer in UK so I guess it has to go through him.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:54 pm

And John, aint it great that we dont have a dealer in Scotland at all

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:28 pm

The Scots deserve a dealer!

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:38 pm

Chuckboots wrote:And John, aint it great that we dont have a dealer in Scotland at all

like a lot of other things up here.........
let us know how you get on and PICS when it arrives
:D

john

Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Just found out Ayrguitar (in Ayr) are dealers for Tributes but can also place custom orders for US customer specified models.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Chuckboots wrote:Just found out Ayrguitar (in Ayr) are dealers for Tributes but can also place custom orders for US customer specified models.

Hi Chuck I am a noob to the forums and also from Scotland. Did you ever place an order for a G&L through Ayrguitar? If so, how was the service and are you happy with the guitar?
I am a lefty but might enquire to see what I could possible get through them.

Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi Paul, sorry for delay. I did get a quote from AyrGuitar but it was pretty steep and charged more for an Alder body!!!! Music Direct in the States do an ordering system which seems to be muchly reasonable....

Re: How to (place a G&L Custom Shop order)?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 pm

For G&L Custom Shop orders, you must go through one of the G&L Custom Shop Dealers, listed on the new G&L Custom Shop website at https://glguitars.com/customshop/.
Here is the current Custom Shop Specifications and Options: Feb. 1, 2018-present Custom Shop Specifications & Options.